1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development site - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thom Tyler, May 25, 2013.

1. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

A quick sneak peak at a Development site I am working on, before it goes back to password-protected. Just after some opinions on the colours, appearence etc. There's no content at the moment, it's just getting a feel for the design. It's of course, a Customised version on Russ' Core Theme.

Only leaving it open for an hour or so for opinions, and registration is locked as it is only a development forum.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Honestly proud to call that one of our styles, you did an amazing job with the customizations :D.

Glad you got the portal worked out too!
    Thom Tyler likes this.
  3. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

Thanks Russ - I had to Use 2 Versions of RecentNews in the end, as it seems it wasn't possible to do what I wanted. Still working on the finer details.

That is an extremely nice Compliment from the theme designer himself! :)
    Russ likes this.
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Looks great! What news block are you using? Xenporta or BDWidget?
    Thom Tyler likes this.
  5. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

I'm using XenPorta, but custom CSS and Code to get them looking like that. Still got more to do on them.
    DRE likes this.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That's why I prefer Xenporta over Wordpress integration.
  7. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

Each is good at their own area - Sadly, WP's Buddypress sucks for forums and XenPorta is a limited Portal. In an ideal world, Xenforo will do what vBulletin couldn't - a decent CMS.

This is just a tied over whilst our site is properly developed and I fund it. At 10k, it's not cheap! But I'm hoping to keep the xF forum intergration with a bespoke bridge.
  8. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Wow!! That looks stunning!
    Thom Tyler likes this.
  9. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

Thank you, that's very kind. If you could improve it - what would you do?
  10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

11. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

Sorry DRE - What do you mean? The site isn't live yet - it's just a "I'm havin' a smoke and a beer - let's see what people think" - Sometimes, when you look at something after a while, you become less able to see what needs to be improved.
  12. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he means the addon showcase:

DRE and Thom Tyler like this.
  13. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

Thanks guys - I'm looking for advice on what can be improved rather than looking for a pat on the back! If you've any feedback, good, bad or damn right awful - fire away. I'll be locking it back up in 20 mins!

14. Thom Tyler

Thom Tyler Active Member

Thanks for the comments all - Site is now going back under protection.
  15. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Aw now you have me wondering what the design was since Russ did it. :eek: Posting here so i can receive updates once it goes back online. :D
    euantor likes this.