1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Determining whether xenForo will suit out needs

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Uniphix, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Uniphix

Uniphix Active Member

We have a pretty big project in mind and we're thinking of using xenForo as a base framework for our project. This project is made up of many add-on that will port into xenForo. From my understanding that xenForo uses Zend Framework, and so that I will be able to utilize many of the functions for our project. We have about 8 pages, that have in depth information that allow us to use one framework for all of the add-on. We need to figure out whether xenForo will meet our needs.

1) How open is the source code for xenForo? We need to be able to create add-on to port and expand xenForo such as expanding the user table in a database, adding new tables etc. We need to be able to have no restrictions when it comes to our project.

2) From one of the questions in the Pre-sales, my understanding that we can create as many subdomains as we want as long as the xenForo installation is a single install. We plan to have many sub-domains.
    3) What sort of limitations may I face if I we're to use their framework?
  2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member