I'm currently enrolled in a course that is using XenForo for community forums and I have found it to be pretty good in this context.
Now I'm in the planning stages for starting up my own community and I'm trying to determine if XenForo will meet all my needs. Here is what I'm looking to include:
- A forum with different levels of access and areas for different groups, ability to like, and build points towards trophy levels. I already know XenForo does this all very well.
- Allow users to give star ratings and reviews of products. I have seen this as an example of a plug-in that appears to meet these needs but want to be sure it will do the job and see if there are any other plug-ins to consider: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/showcase-item-management-system-reviews-guides-garage-etc.1208/ It would also be great for non-members to be able to access and see the ratings and reviews, and maybe rate themselves.
- Manage memberships easily, collect payment for memberships, cancel and refund membership payments, provide access to certain content or items for download/storage in personal member area based on the time they join.
- Display items available for purchase and allow users to buy items here via PayPal and credit card. If I have to, I could direct them to another site for this, but it would be great to have everything integrated into one place.
- I may also want to have individual user areas where they can access everything they purchased, although this is not a show-stopper if it can't be incorporated.
If anyone is using XenForo with all or a number of the same items above, I'd love to see what this looks like in a real-life example if you're willing to share.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and feedback!