Resource icon

Description for RSS 1.2

No permission to download
I have a bug with this addon:

ErrorException: Undefined variable: firstPostIds - library/DescriptionContentRss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php:40
Could you please help me check it?
Thank you.

I have a bug with this addon:

ErrorException: Undefined variable: firstPostIds - library/DescriptionContentRss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php:40
Could you please help me check it?
Thank you.
I will check this out shortly. Was this on the global RSS feed? Or a forum one? And was it all forum ones or just certain forums?

Rss clients are worse than browsers.

Yours is seemingly only showing you the description field which does indeed have a bug. I think I might scrap the content field in the feed and just put the full content in the description field.

Do you have a private forum we can do some testing on?

I can provide a test version that might help us debug this problem.

What it will do is if the forum is NOT a certain node_id then it will just simply render the RSS as normal without any modifications.

If the forum IS the certain node_id then the RSS feed will be broken, but it should dump out the contents of the $threads variable so I can see why the first_post_id isn't being got. So basically if you upload this file, only one forum that you specify won't work, all others will work fine.

The file is attached follow these steps:

1) First, decide which forum you want to do the testing on.
2) Enable the add-on again and just double check that with the current version that test forum does indeed have this fault (just to make sure).
3) Open the attached file and where you see "if (!$forum['node_id'] == 9999)" (line 14) change 9999 to the node_id where you want to test.
4) Upload the attached file to library/DescriptionContentRss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php
5) View the RSS feed for that forum (the XF url, not feedburner or anything, just purely at the XF url in the browser).
6) We should see something like this:

Rwj11.png

If you can paste or screenshot the output here, I will take a look at it.

Attachments

Hi Chris,

I found the reason,
These issues happen on sub forums which has no thread.

Other sub forums with threads are working fine, sorry.

That would make perfect sense.

I will fix this and release with Mr Goodie2Shoes' issue fixed also.

EDIT: I've just realised it was a pretty dumb mistake anyway...

One line of code has fixed the problem. Silly Chris. Silly. :unsure:

Im getting this error:
An exception occurred: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/vhosts/******.com/httpdocs/library/DescriptionContentRss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php on line 48

An exception occurred: Undefined index: host in /var/www/vhosts/******.com/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Helper/String.php on line 280

Some forums work but some dont, not sure why??

I suspect a conflict with this add-on
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-bbcodes-toolbar.623/

At least that is what the error seems to suggest.....

PHP:
ErrorException: Illegal string offset 'children' - library/Sedo/AdvBBcodeBar/BbCode/Formatter/BBcodes.php:1345
Generated By: Unknown Account, 11 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Sedo/AdvBBcodeBar/BbCode/Formatter/BBcodes.php(1345): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Illegal string ...', '/home/sociall1/...', 1345, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Sedo/AdvBBcodeBar/BbCode/Formatter/BBcodes.php(336): Sedo_AdvBBcodeBar_BbCode_Formatter_BBcodes::BakeBBcode('parseTagBimg', Array, Array, Array, Object(Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#2 [internal function]: Sedo_AdvBBcodeBar_BbCode_Formatter_BBcodes::parseTagBimg(Array, Array, Object(Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/KingK/BbCodeManager/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(155): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 [internal function]: KingK_BbCodeManager_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderAdvancedTag(Array, Array, Object(Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(624): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(539): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#7 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(463): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#8 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(444): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#9 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(424): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#10 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(503): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#11 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/DescriptionContentRss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php(49): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('[bimg=fleft|pho...')
#12 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): DescriptionContentRss_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss()
#13 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, 'forum_view')
#14 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'forum_view', NULL)
#15 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#16 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(72) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/forums/test-posting.64/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom