Resource icon

Description for RSS 1.2

No permission to download
Great resource Chris! I'm seeing something strange in the feed though. When someone adds a new reply to a thread, the first post of the thread is what gets published via RSS, rather than the latest reply. Is there any way to change this, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks!

Using latest version, but server log shows regular errors, such as:

Code:
Zend_Feed_Exception: Invalid parameter: parameter must be a non-empty string - library/Zend/Feed/Writer/Entry.php:258
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 7:57 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/DescriptionContentRss/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php(63): Zend_Feed_Writer_Entry->setDescription('')
#1 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): DescriptionContentRss_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss()
#2 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php(31): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Rss', Array, 'forum_view')
#3 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'forum_view', NULL)
#4 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss), Array)
#5 /home/theparac/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "http://www.theparacast.com/forum/forums/youth-and-ufos.12/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I'd like to see a way to set the maximum number of characters for each post, but I'm more concerned about the server errors I get, and the fact that the developer has yet to respond to the report.

I'd like to see a way to set the maximum number of characters for each post, but I'm more concerned about the server errors I get, and the fact that the developer has yet to respond to the report.

Double request for number of words limit option.

Fantastic add-on, Chris. :D

I'd like to implement this on my site. However, I am looking at introducing advertisements at some point to guests (logged on users will not see the ads). My only concern with using this is that guests will be able to use the RSS to bypass the ads on the site, thus losing revenue.

Ideally I'd either like to be able to integrate ads into the RSS (for example by using Digital Point Ad Positioning or by other means) or have the RSS as authenticated, so only registered users can use it. Do you know if either of these is possible with this plugin?

*EDIT* Or would it be possible to set the RSS feed so that guests just see the standard titles-only RSS but other specified groups see the full RSS feed?

hi Cris!
clean install on 1.1.4 xf
if click rss-link on forumhome, get error:
Fatal error: Class 'DescriptionContentRss_ViewPublic_Forum_GlobalRss' not found in /var/www/user_secr/data/www/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php on line 205

facepalm.jpg

Top Bottom