Delete ElasticSearch cache if board is reset?

MGSteve

We're currently doing some more work on the migration, which includes nuking the install and re-importing the vb board data a few times.

If we nuke the XF databases, do we need to remove any data from the Elasticsearch system and if so, how do we do it?

Go to your elasticsearch data directory and delete the files.

Assuming you followed my setup guides, you would do the following in ssh.

*edited the command to be a little safer for inexperienced users. Still be very careful using the -Rf command.*

Code:
cd /var/elasticsearch
rm -Rf elasticsearch

Ah ok - fair enough.

Out of interest, its got me thinking of using elasticsearch to index stuff in my own websites - in future (not that it matters now), how would that affect the above - that's going to delete everything in ES, not only Xenforo related.

Or have I got this completely wrong and you can't use one install on ES to handle separate indexes for different sites?

Ah ok - fair enough.

Out of interest, its got me thinking of using elasticsearch to index stuff in my own websites - in future (not that it matters now), how would that affect the above - that's going to delete everything in ES, not only Xenforo related.

Or have I got this completely wrong and you can't use one install on ES to handle separate indexes for different sites?

If you want to be realy specific you can go to

Code:
/var/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/nodes/0/indices

In there you will see the "name" of your Xenforo ES folder.

When you add second or 3rd indexes, they will each be put in a seperate folder within the above directory.

Top Bottom