How to: Basic Elasticsearch installation. (RHEL/SUSE)

PJK

For XF 2, the elasticsearch doesn't have a library/xenes/scripts folder. How can the instructions be adapted so my host can install elasticsearch onto the server okay?

PJK

You will need to download ElasticSearch 2.x for XF2 and install that correctly.
I've downloaded the latest ES from Xenforo and installed it correctly. It just has the /src/addons/xfes folder, not any XenES or library folders like in those instructions. Can you please assist in how the instructions should be adapted for this?
Thanks

PJK

JBS

I am trying to connect to a remote Elasticsearch server that I setup on Linode. I am getting "connection refused"... any help here would be appreciated.

DeltaHF

I am trying to connect to a remote Elasticsearch server that I setup on Linode. I am getting "connection refused"... any help here would be appreciated.
My first guess would be closed firewall ports.

Make sure that your primary server's outgoing port 9200 is open, and that the Linode Elasticsearch server can receive connections on port 9200. I would also strongly suggest configuring the firewall on your Elasticsearch server such that only your master server's IP address can connect to it on that port for security reasons.

JBS

I would also strongly suggest configuring the firewall on your Elasticsearch server such that only your master server's IP address can connect to it on that port for security reasons.
Ok... got it to connect... how do I do the above?

DeltaHF

I'm not familiar with firewalld, but it looks like you can use Elasticsearch itself or IP-based access control which might be easier for you to configure. Here are the instructions from the official docs:

Reactions: JBS