1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delete ElasticSearch cache if board is reset?

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by MGSteve, Feb 14, 2012.

1. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

We're currently doing some more work on the migration, which includes nuking the install and re-importing the vb board data a few times.

If we nuke the XF databases, do we need to remove any data from the Elasticsearch system and if so, how do we do it?
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Go to your elasticsearch data directory and delete the files.

Assuming you followed my setup guides, you would do the following in ssh.

*edited the command to be a little safer for inexperienced users. Still be very careful using the -Rf command.*

cd /var/elasticsearch
    rm -Rf elasticsearch
  3. MGSteve

Ah ok - fair enough.

Out of interest, its got me thinking of using elasticsearch to index stuff in my own websites - in future (not that it matters now), how would that affect the above - that's going to delete everything in ES, not only Xenforo related.

Or have I got this completely wrong and you can't use one install on ES to handle separate indexes for different sites?
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you want to be realy specific you can go to

In there you will see the "name" of your Xenforo ES folder.

When you add second or 3rd indexes, they will each be put in a seperate folder within the above directory.
    tomatogirl and MGSteve like this.
  5. MGSteve

Cool, thanks for the info Slavik - and your how-to guide on installing it - followed it to the 'T' and it all installed without a hitch :)