[DCom] Live Content

[DCom] Live Content [Paid] 2.7.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
DimmmCom updated [DCom] Live Content with a new update entry:

• Fixing a bug with the "Typing" block (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dcom-live-content-paid.206476/post-1607725)
  • Added group rights to enable real-time alerts
  • Minimizing the browser or switching browser tabs will disconnect from the socket to save server resources. When you return to the browser tab, the socket connection will be restored immediately.
  • Sound alerts are disabled by default for new users.
  • Code refactoring

Read the rest of this update entry...

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined property: Workerman\Connection\TcpConnection::$websocketCurrentFrameLength src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/phpsocket.io/src/Engine/Protocols/WebSocket/RFC6455.php:56
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 7, 2023 at 11:16 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/phpsocket.io/src/Engine/Protocols/WebSocket/RFC6455.php(56): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/admfor/publi...', 56, Array)
#1 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Connection/TcpConnection.php(601): PHPSocketIO\Engine\Protocols\WebSocket\RFC6455::input('GET /socket.io/...', Object(Workerman\Connection\TcpConnection))
#2 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Events/Select.php(295): Workerman\Connection\TcpConnection->baseRead(Resource id #24899)
#3 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(2437): Workerman\Events\Select->loop()
#4 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(1557): Workerman\Worker->run()
#5 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(1399): Workerman\Worker::forkOneWorkerForLinux(Object(Workerman\Worker))
#6 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(1373): Workerman\Worker::forkWorkersForLinux()
#7 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(550): Workerman\Worker::forkWorkers()
#8 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/ServerIO.php(314): Workerman\Worker::runAll()
#9 socket_server.php(14): DCom\LiveContent\ServerIO::start()
#10 {main}

Request state

array(1) {
["cli"] => string(25) "socket_server.php restart"
}

------------------

I've been receiving those server log errors since I've installed the add-on. I simply ignore it and hoping new versions will resolve it but it keeps returning.

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined property: Workerman\Connection\TcpConnection::$websocketCurrentFrameLength src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/phpsocket.io/src/Engine/Protocols/WebSocket/RFC6455.php:56
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 7, 2023 at 11:16 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/phpsocket.io/src/Engine/Protocols/WebSocket/RFC6455.php(56): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/admfor/publi...', 56, Array)
#1 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Connection/TcpConnection.php(601): PHPSocketIO\Engine\Protocols\WebSocket\RFC6455::input('GET /socket.io/...', Object(Workerman\Connection\TcpConnection))
#2 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Events/Select.php(295): Workerman\Connection\TcpConnection->baseRead(Resource id #24899)
#3 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(2437): Workerman\Events\Select->loop()
#4 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(1557): Workerman\Worker->run()
#5 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(1399): Workerman\Worker::forkOneWorkerForLinux(Object(Workerman\Worker))
#6 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(1373): Workerman\Worker::forkWorkersForLinux()
#7 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/vendor/workerman/workerman/Worker.php(550): Workerman\Worker::forkWorkers()
#8 src/addons/DCom/LiveContent/ServerIO.php(314): Workerman\Worker::runAll()
#9 socket_server.php(14): DCom\LiveContent\ServerIO::start()
#10 {main}

Request state

array(1) {
["cli"] => string(25) "socket_server.php restart"
}

------------------

I've been receiving those server log errors since I've installed the add-on. I simply ignore it and hoping new versions will resolve it but it keeps returning.
Send me a message on my forum with the domain address and login details for a test user with standard group permissions.

got the issue fixed? interested to buy but don't want bugs, just got rid of some recently.
This user did not want to provide login information to the forum in order to determine the cause of this error. Therefore, I can not say anything about the causes of this error. The plugin is installed on more than twenty forums and this error is not observed.

got the issue fixed? interested to buy but don't want bugs, just got rid of some recently.
The latest version fixed the server errors. Though our concern right now is when it's not the active tab/window you won't receive the message instantly, you need to manually reload the page. Which kinda defeats the purpose of the addon. We usually leave a conversation tab open then do something else while waiting for a reply.

Though our concern right now is when it's not the active tab/window you won't receive the message instantly, you need to manually reload the page. Which kinda defeats the purpose of the addon. We usually leave a conversation tab open then do something else while waiting for a reply.
This is already fixed in the latest version.
1674706634449.webp

Yeah, and that resulted to compounding instances of 2 server errors. Still waiting for the author's response.

lclog.webp

So I had my workerman fail to open today, this presents an error on the front end which is a problem. The posts are posted but each and every post created an error.

Is there anyway to silently fail ie don't pipe an error to the front end?

Assuming that the socket needs to be restarted after the update? Just getting "nobody is reading this thread right now" when there are

Assuming that the socket needs to be restarted after the update? Just getting "nobody is reading this thread right now" when there are
Ok that's working now but live postings doesn't seem to work. Also noticed that multiple users don't seem to appear on mobile when they are on the page

Hello, @DimmmCom

Try to get acquainted with this add-on, it provides a base for live communications. Its main advantages over using the Workerman library are ease of server setup, good documentation, respect for permissions, and the ability to handle a huge number of connections. You can also forget about bugs with updates, restarts and other disadvantages of the implementation on Workerman.
This is currently the best implementation of the Websockets protocol on XenForo, so I highly recommend porting your add-on to it. By getting rid of differences in Websockets implementation in our add-ons and having a certain standard, we can provide the community with the best user experience :)

Also I am always ready to answer your questions if you need help :)

Best regards,

Hello, @DimmmCom

Try to get acquainted with this add-on, it provides a base for live communications. Its main advantages over using the Workerman library are ease of server setup, good documentation, respect for permissions, and the ability to handle a huge number of connections. You can also forget about bugs with updates, restarts and other disadvantages of the implementation on Workerman.
This is currently the best implementation of the Websockets protocol on XenForo, so I highly recommend porting your add-on to it. By getting rid of differences in Websockets implementation in our add-ons and having a certain standard, we can provide the community with the best user experience :)

Also I am always ready to answer your questions if you need help :)

Best regards,
Hope not. Socketi does not support centos 7.

Top Bottom