[DCom] Live Content

[DCom] Live Content [Paid] 2.7.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
A little later I will record a video of the work in the mobile. Each user can disable the display of the "Typing" block and turn off sound alerts. It is problematic to completely disconnect users from the socket with access rights, because it is necessary to catch events of their actions for other users.

Thanks, mobile is a key usecase for many of us so a video would be appreciated.

Just a note about this add-on - while the functionality is excellent, the requirement note about needing a dedicated server is absolutely right due to the nature of PHP itself.

The comments here about there being a memory hole are correct in their observation of huge amounts of memory being consumed, but it's not due to a bug, it's due to the fundamental way PHP operates, in that it expects to consume huge amounts of resources for a very brief moment, then release those resources ready for the next request. Websockets expect to start up the application then hold it in a suspended state waiting for an event trigger to allow it to release its payload - which is fine for a very light app running on node.js or similar, but it's not really the expected use case for PHP with Apache/Nginx.

So, by all means enjoy the great features from this add-on, and well done to @DimmmCom for putting it together, but do bear in mind that for a busy site, this is going to require epic amounts of resources through no fault of the author.
This is why its nice that usergroup permissions are added. On a large site Live Content is really nice functionality if you restrict it to a subset of members.

This is why its nice that usergroup permissions are added. On a large site Live Content is really nice functionality if you restrict it to a subset of members.
In fact, all users connect to the socket. Rights can only restrict some visual functions.
For example, 3 people participate in personal conversations. One of them does not have rights to realtime. But the other two must see how the third prints and sends a message, and for this it must be connected to the socket and create events that the socket listens to.

Before installing the addon:
1654891320912.png

With this addon but without event extension:
1654891413907.webp

5 hours before & after event PHP extension was installed:
1654891107198.png

Awesome! So with event PHP extension and proper server setup / config, things will work fine. Thanks!

@DimmmCom did you happen to try this on an install that has TL social groups installed? I wonder if your addon works well with that?

Reactions: rdn
DimmmCom updated [DCom] Live Content with a new update entry:

• Fix bugs.
  • If the client does not support the websocket protocol, it will automatically use http long polling for communication.
  • Added support for realtime when editing messages and when receiving reactions.
  • Fix bug with drawing online-offline user status when the user hides their status.
In the FAQ, the config for connecting a proxy on the OpenLiteSpeed server has been fixed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Love
Reactions: rdn
Installed, works well so far. Any thoughts about supporting live forum (thread) view in future @DimmmCom ? That would be pretty awesome... Updating threads on forum view as they're created basically.

I think you will want the option to remove the new event sound by default and specify via admin the new default... Right now it's coming in with sound enabled for all which is not great.

I think you will want the option to remove the new event sound by default and specify via admin the new default... Right now it's coming in with sound enabled for all which is not great.
Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 01-09-28 Test for Real-Time socket.webp

But everyone will know that there are sound alerts :D

Also maybe a bug.

The online indicator is a bit flaky (avatar outline).... This shouldn't happen I don't think??? Basically my alternate user is online and in the thread but outline showing red (offline) (XF online icon shows online too).

I'm testing from Edge and Chrome, same laptop, different accounts.

1655676660470.webp

Also maybe a bug.

The online indicator is a bit flaky (avatar outline).... This shouldn't happen I don't think??? Basically my alternate user is online and in the thread but outline showing red (offline) (XF online icon shows online too).

I'm testing from Edge and Chrome, same laptop, different accounts.

View attachment 269882
This indicator displays the presence of the user on the current page

Top Bottom