[DBTech] Payment UI

[DBTech] Payment UI 1.2.0

No permission to download

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

[DBTech] Payment UI - Improves the user experience of the Payment Profile UI.

Description

Payment UI improves on the user experience for users wanting to make payments on your forum. Instead of a drop-down asking users to choose payment profile, they see simple buttons to click. Less clicks, more sales!

Uses
By adding FontAwesome support to your payment profiles, you can make your available options stand out much more.

Extended Product Information

FontAwesome Support: By adding FontAwesome support to your...

Read more about this resource...

Good idea, but this gives the wrong impression that you cannot use the payment service provider PayPal to pay by the payment method Credit Card. What if we use PayPal to process both Credit Card payments as PayPal transfers? And we use the payment service provider Stripe to pay by the payment methods: iDeal, EPS, Apple Pay, Sofort?

The end user only gets confused by listing the payment service provider. They only care about payment methods.

Good idea, but this gives the wrong impression that you cannot use the payment service provider PayPal to pay by the payment method Credit Card. What if we use PayPal to process both Credit Card payments as PayPal transfers? And we use the payment service provider Stripe to pay by the payment methods: iDeal, EPS, Apple Pay, Sofort?

The end user only gets confused by listing the payment service provider. They only care about payment methods.
I think you might have misunderstood the screenshots :)

The "Credit / debit card" text is controlled by your "Display Title" in the payment profile:
1591034460755.webp
(This is a default XF feature not added by this add-on.)

You can change the "Display title" to exactly whatever you want. If you want it to keep saying "Stripe" you can either remove the display title entirely or add whatever text you want.

There is literally no difference between using this and using the drop-down, it uses the exact same text as what would appear in your drop-down, it just keeps users from having to use a drop-down. Drop-downs are harder to use on mobile, and requires more taps.

Thank you for the explanation. I recognize this is a limitation in xenforo itself. This way you cannot display multiple payment methods by the same payment service provider.

How would one add this to the resource manager (XFRM?) I can see the template mod for account upgrades. Not sure where to copy it.

How would one add this to the resource manager (XFRM?) I can see the template mod for account upgrades. Not sure where to copy it.
You can't. IIRC there isn't payment profile support for XFRM so it would be an add-on that I would need to explicitly enable support for. I don't have access to it though, so I can't do that.

That's a bummer, hope there's a suggestion for that as the resource manager is good but not so much if it's limited to paypal.
It’s not limited to PayPal, it doesn’t accept payments at all. Selling resources in the XFRM is purely possible with a 3rd party addon, that was my point.

Hi, the FA-icons only show up when PayPal AND Stripe are used for payment.

Is there a way to achieve that the FA-icon also shows if just one payment-method is being used?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, they FA-icons only show up when PayPal AND Stripe are used for payment.

Is there a way to achieve that the FA-icon also shows if just one payment-method is being used?

Thanks
When only a single payment option is available, a reduced UI is available that this add-on does not interfere with.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing the button label to show the variable and not the variable contents? I just upgraded to 2.2.15 and I'm pretty sure this was not the case before.
XF:PaymentProfile[1]
dd1.webp

Have you customised the templates at all? If so, try it on a default (unmodified) skin.

I've not had a chance to test 2.2.15 yet as I wanted to wait for the whole email header thing to setthe down :P
It's the same with the default skin. Take your time as it does not impede functionality.
dd2.webp

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] Payment UI with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version adds support for a couple of 3rd party add-ons (largely untested, so feedback is welcome!) as well as fixing an issue with a recent XenForo update where the buttons would not show the text correctly.

Complete Change Log

Feature: Add support for Siropu Ads Manager
Feature: Add support for [AddonFlare] Paid Registrations
Change: Standardise payment profile display in the front-end to match XF's Account Upgrades

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom