[DBTech] DragonByte User Upgrade Coupons

[DBTech] DragonByte User Upgrade Coupons [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($9.95)
@DragonByte Tech
Not sure if I misconfigured it but there are some instances where members see the coupon box that they shouldn't be able to see.
I have a few available coupons which are configured so some specific usergroups can use.
However, members of the general usergroup still see the box where they can enter a coupon.
Ideally, I would not want them to see that we have a coupon. Only specific usergroups can see and use the coupon.

Is this something already available or needs to be added?
It's intended for the coupon box to appear when the product is installed, even if members cannot use any currently available coupons. It would be too performance intensive to check the full set of coupons and selectively disable the input box, so this is not something that will change.

It's intended for the coupon box to appear when the product is installed, even if members cannot use any currently available coupons. It would be too performance intensive to check the full set of coupons and selectively disable the input box, so this is not something that will change.
Got it. Not what I want to hear but understand. Thanks

@DragonByte Tech
I would be willing to fund development to extend this addon so that I can create a custom URL for a coupon to apply to a specific user upgrade.
For example, example.com/account/upgrades?user_upgrade_id=2&coupon=100
This way, I can disable the coupon box on the upgrade page and send this link to my targeted audience.

The reason is that for the past few months since I installed this, the number of sales dropped a lot. And I have a lot of people email asking for coupon which they do not qualify for.
I think having a coupon box there discourage people from buying and they just keep looking for coupon. This is from my personal experience buying stuff online as well. When I am about to pay something, and if there is a way to enter coupon, I will delay my purchase to google for the code. If I don't find it, I may not purchase it at all.
I hope this makes sense and the author considers having a workaround to be able to use the coupon discreetly.

I would be willing to fund development to extend this addon so that I can create a custom URL for a coupon to apply to a specific user upgrade.
For example, example.com/account/upgrades?user_upgrade_id=2&coupon=100
This way, I can disable the coupon box on the upgrade page and send this link to my targeted audience.
I believe this is already possible. You can use a link like example.com/purchase/apply-coupon?coupon_code=THECODE and it will save the coupon in a cookie to be applied on the next possible user account upgrade.

I believe this is already possible. You can use a link like example.com/purchase/apply-coupon?coupon_code=THECODE and it will save the coupon in a cookie to be applied on the next possible user account upgrade.
This is perfect. Little undocumented feature perhaps? :)
Thank you

Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech
We are waiting for an add-on that will be activated after payment by credit card. Paypal and strip are used in Europe. We are waiting for a global plugin. Will automatically upgrade account when paid

@DragonByte Tech
We are waiting for an add-on that will be activated after payment by credit card. Paypal and strip are used in Europe. We are waiting for a global plugin. Will automatically upgrade account when paid
You are looking for the core User Account Upgrade system, which is built into XenForo. This add-on modifies that system with the option for coupon codes.

I want to learn something. There are 4 account upgrades on my site. 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months and 1 Year.
The customer made a monthly payment and entered the coupon. Will he know that the coupon he entered will be 1-3-6 and 1 Year?
In other words, if the coupon is 1 year old when it is entered, it will be activated.
I am sorry I am writing from Turkey, I cannot write and understand because I do not speak English.

I'm not exactly clear the use for the right field on this addon. It's where 0.00 is filled in. How do I use it?Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 5.10.28 PM.webp

I want to learn something. There are 4 account upgrades on my site. 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months and 1 Year.
The customer made a monthly payment and entered the coupon. Will he know that the coupon he entered will be 1-3-6 and 1 Year?
In other words, if the coupon is 1 year old when it is entered, it will be activated.
I am sorry I am writing from Turkey, I cannot write and understand because I do not speak English.
The coupon will be applied for the duration of the subscription.

The price listed here @ XF.com is the 3 months price not including any sales.
I'm not exactly clear the use for the right field on this addon. It's where 0.00 is filled in. How do I use it?View attachment 251484
The description text in your screenshot has this info :) You can override the coupon value for individual user upgrades, or leave it blank / 0.00 to use the value above.

The coupon will be applied for the duration of the subscription.
Is it possible to have even a custom change to this add-on so that we can offer a voucher that gives x% or x month discount?
We want this where the user gets a discount on the initial purchase and then subsequent renewals are at the full rate.

For example; our marketing message could be "Upgrade and get the first 3 months free" which would be a 25% discount and on the anniversary the renewal is at the full price.
Don't mind if this is charged custom work so long as it achieves the end result.

can you use this for a free 3 day or so upgrade that moves a user to the upgrade usergroup and then returns them back to their origiinal user group when the trial ends and also make it a one time only upgrade?

can you use this for a free 3 day or so upgrade that moves a user to the upgrade usergroup and then returns them back to their origiinal user group when the trial ends and also make it a one time only upgrade?
I suppose you could do a free 3 day trial, if you create a trial upgrade that is not recurring 🤔 This add-on does not limit whether someone can re-purchase it later, though.

Top Bottom