[DBTech] DragonByte Social Groups

[DBTech] DragonByte Social Groups [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($19.95)
Back then, that was considered good marketing as Google incentivised it, but that's no longer the case.
Good to know.. last of your add-ons I used I am pretty sure (on XF) added individual links to each one in the footer, but I admit it has been years since I used anything from y'all so I can't say for sure... but the simple fact is multiple lines resulted in a "crappy" look on a site, and was one of the reasons I began carefully looking at add-ons.
But even what you show is rather "bombastic" for most (and a simple reason I refuse to use any of your add-ons, even though I may like them). You could easily cut the crap by around 50% by your wording.

Any functionality with this addon when it comes to adding/removing users from a group? Meaning I don’t have to wait on a user to accept an invite, as an admin?

Any functionality with this addon when it comes to adding/removing users from a group? Meaning I don’t have to wait on a user to accept an invite, as an admin?
Currently it is not possible to force add someone to a group. Could you please explain the use case so I can better understand why you want this functionality? :)

AS for using an "invite"... I really am curios as to whether it's limited to a current site user (as @truonglv's is) or if it actually allows one to invite someone via an actual email address.
I can see promise on their add-on in comparison to their competitor... they have a few areas they need to address... but based upon their history, they could come out ahead.
I personally have NO issues with dumping one add-on for another (especially if their is an import ability) if it offers functions that I need. I'm not "bonded" to any developer (other than pretty much @Bob - who I simply have to have in my life as his add-ons simply rock in the XF world).

Currently it is not possible to force add someone to a group. Could you please explain the use case so I can better understand why you want this functionality? :)
Use case would be for roster/or assigned -like user group purposes. Our current social groups addon leaves a lot of “hang-time” waiting for the new user to simply accept his invite notification if he ever ends up noticing it in the first place. So allowing admins to simply add the user to the group would save a lot of time and hassle for our use case. Thanks!

Use case would be for roster/or assigned -like user group purposes. Our current social groups addon leaves a lot of “hang-time” waiting for the new user to simply accept his invite notification if he ever ends up noticing it in the first place. So allowing admins to simply add the user to the group would save a lot of time and hassle for our use case. Thanks!
If it did get added, it would definitely have to be restricted for site admins only, as there's quite the potential for abuse if it was possible to grant this power to group owners 🤔

If it did get added, it would definitely have to be restricted for site admins only, as there's quite the potential for abuse if it was possible to grant this power to group owners 🤔
This would be another great feature indeed. Maybe even the option that every user with x field or users that are in x group are automatically being added to the group.

We’re working a lot with Facebook Workplace, and there’s a similar feature for admins.

I’m trying a new pricing structure with this add-on; unfortunately lifetime licenses aren’t really conducive to a sustainable business. In hindsight, I regret adding that option in the first place.

Global Branding Free does indeed apply :)
True, it's why I usually would buy multiple licenses.

Does the addon have functionality for Group Media / Gallery? Or a group integration with XFMG? I don't see any indication of it on the screenshots.
vBulletin Social Groups, IPS Clubs, Snog Groups and Nobita Social Groups all have a group media gallery.

Does the addon have functionality for Group Media / Gallery? Or a group integration with XFMG? I don't see any indication of it on the screenshots.
vBulletin Social Groups, IPS Clubs, Snog Groups and Nobita Social Groups all have a group media gallery.
That is a planned feature for v1.1 :)

Nobita Groups does have an XF1 to XF2 import script. But its definitively not flawless. So this may work:
vb3 social groups → Nobita XF1 → Nobita XF2 → DBT Social Groups

One major difference between this and Nobita’s add-on is that “discussions” in a group aren’t a new node therefore you won’t see them in the forum list and the new threads won’t be present in “what’s new” like other threads.

I may be incorrect and so I made a post on DB Tech’s site to get a better understanding of how it works. It’s an issue for me because I have a feed on my homepage and my Nobita Social Groups threads are present in the feed but my DBTech threads aren’t.

With that said what I do like is:

1. Groups can be made in the backend.
  2. UI is much better and has better behavior when rearranging elements for smaller viewports.
  3. Group navigation falls into the sidebar nav instead of a horizontal menu.
  4. Group Cover and title are not present when viewing a discussion within a group.

Last edited:
One major difference between this and Nobita’s add-on is that “discussions” in a group aren’t a new node therefore you won’t see them in the forum list and the new threads won’t be present in “what’s new” like other threads.

I may be incorrect and so I made a post on DB Tech’s site to get a better understanding of how it works. It’s an issue for me because I have a feed on my homepage and my Nobita Social Groups threads are present in the feed but my DBTech threads aren’t.
You can see the latest social group posts by clicking the "New social group messages" link in the What's New page, or go to whats-new/dbtech-social-messages :)

That being said, I am going to add a new widget for "New messages" which will be added to the What's New overview block as well as the forum sidebar by default. This will be added in v1.1.0 :)

You can see the latest social group posts by clicking the "New social group messages" link in the What's New page, or go to whats-new/dbtech-social-messages :)
But to the underlying question are posts in the group actual threads in a node or are they more akin to a post comment? If they are more akin to a post comment would you consider making the discussion portion an actual node with threads instead so that discussions in a group can populate in all areas where threads can?

Top Bottom