[DBTech] DragonByte Security

[DBTech] DragonByte Security [Paid] 4.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Security with a new update entry:

4.1.0 Beta 2

Update highlights

This update fixes an issue with the Bad Behavior integration where it would generate a server error after inserting new data.

To see the full details on the v4.1.0 release, click here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-security.345/release/1751/

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fixed an issue where Bad Behavior would cause a server error

Read the rest of this update entry...

Times are changing. CloudFlare is widely used and has basically deprecated Bad Behaviour, TOR blocking and some other features. Firefox and other browsers are now warning people about breached accounts.

Please consider to add CloudFlare features, as it stops a wide array of security issues. It gives us much more control and allows us to ban or challence users on a new level.

CloudFlare Features that I would love to see:
  • User & Usergroup whitelisting.
  • Display blocked members in admincp. Preferably with 'unblock' function. CloudFlare regularly blocks valid users.
  • Identify multiple blocked IPs that fall into the same range. Allow blocking of these ranges.
  • Challenge users that exceed security watchers. (let them do a captcha)
  • Display 'Members blocked' and 'Users Blocked' on AdminCP home 'Logged Activity' widget.

Other features I would find really useful to have:
  • Re-check active accounts against blacklists. (Stop Forum Spam, DNSBL, etc)
  • Easily find why an IP was banned. More info here.
  • Easily unban IP's from account in admincp.
    It often happens that DBT security bans an IP due to too many failed logins. Then the user opens a support ticket and asks us to unban his IP without knowing his IP. It would be really helpful if we could just go to the account in admincp and find the banned IPs for the account and a function to unban the IP. The IP's would have to be IPs that the user has actually logged in with.
  • For security alerts sent to the admin by email, include a direct link to the relevant information OR include it in the email.
    For example if the email informs the admin of a potentially compromised account, then include a list of login attempts. It will be become evident to the admin if it concerns a legitimate user or a real breach. A legitimate user will attempt to log into variations of the same name, while a hacker will try to log into very different accounts.
  • Filter fingerprint log.

Display blocked members in admincp. Preferably with 'unblock' function. CloudFlare regularly blocks valid users.
Apart from CloudFlare being waaay too espensive in my mind, that alone would be total no-go to use this service.

CloudFlare can be used for free. Their SSL and bandwidth is also free and it offers domain hosting at cost price. No extra costs for DDoS attacks, like my previous host had.
I am using the $20 plan for my main site and free for other sites. It saves me a hundreds of Euros per month.

I am using the $20/month plan for my big board. This includes many millions of requests, a mass of bandwidth, CDN, SSL, Firewall & DDoS protection, Caching & Speed improvements. I used to get 4 figure bills from my hosting company. Now thats down to 3 figures. CloudFlare has played an important role in that.

And it saves me from a lot of headache in regards to DDoS, hackers, scrapers, malicous bots.

I think the diplomatic answer here would be to say that adding CF support doesn't mean I'd need to remove BadBehavior support :D

That being said, I do need to finish up the Shop update and sort out XF 2.1 compatibility with all mods (outstanding being Reactions support for Credits), before I can work on QoL improvements. They're all good ideas, and I would like to add them, in time :)

Fillip

Hello! :)
I am intrested to this add.on. I have one little question: Is it compatible with XenForo 2.1?

Thanks for reading :)

Hello! :)
I am intrested to this add.on. I have one little question: Is it compatible with XenForo 2.1?

Thanks for reading :)
There is an unreleased build that works with XF 2.1, though compatibility cannot be guaranteed until this version is released. I plan to release the XF 2.1 versions around the time RC1 hits :)

@DragonByte Tech Please remove the Add security watcher list from dropdown what already added to Security watchers.

Please can add line for separate per IP log in Find Potential Intruder IP Addresses and add page nav for long list show?

Bug on Search new IPs, Clicking the IP will show The requested page could not be found.

Where the Ban IP log for Security watchers?

Please remove the Add security watcher list from dropdown what already added to Security watchers.
No. Unlike previous versions, you don't configure all the rules for each security watcher on a single page. If you want different "tiers" of rules with different actions then you need multiple watchers.

Where the Ban IP log for Security watchers?
IP banning now uses XF2's IP banning system, so look in their logs :)

Top Bottom