[DBTech] DragonByte Security

[DBTech] DragonByte Security [Paid] 4.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
What a problems in HaveIBeenPwned? So this will generated server error log and can not stop this?
It seems like HIBP have shut down v2 of their API. v3 will cost money to use ($3.50 monthly) and requires authentication. I'll release an updated version with support for v3 once it's ready.

Meanwhile, turn off the breach checker.

It seems like HIBP have shut down v2 of their API. v3 will cost money to use ($3.50 monthly) and requires authentication. I'll release an updated version with support for v3 once it's ready.

Meanwhile, turn off the breach checker.

OK ! Email Recovery Options functionality still are not implemented?

ScreenShot01177.webp

OK ! Email Recovery Options functionality still are not implemented?

View attachment 208547
Not yet, no.

@DragonByte Tech Also Please update to Bad Behavior v2.2.23, Bad Behavior 2.2.23 has been released in August 7, 2019. This is a maintenance release and is suitable for all users.
No, I don't plan on making any updates to the Bad Behaviour integration unless actual problems are highlighted that necessitates the update. When their v3 gets released (if it ever does), it'll be kept up to date with each version of DB Security as it'll integrate with the Composer feature in XenForo, but for now I am making minimal manual updates.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Security with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version is an "emergency" update to address the closure of the existing HaveIBeenPwned integration, which powers the "Account breach checker" feature.

v3 of their API requires authentication, and a monthly payment to continue using it. Please see the blog entry on the creator's website for more information: https://www.troyhunt.com/authentication-and-the-have-i-been-pwned-api/

It is not possible to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

No, I don't plan on making any updates to the Bad Behaviour integration unless actual problems are highlighted that necessitates the update. When their v3 gets released (if it ever does), it'll be kept up to date with each version of DB Security as it'll integrate with the Composer feature in XenForo, but for now I am making minimal manual updates.

No way can not manual updates Bad Behaviour? Also Enable account breach check option moved to under Watcher Options? Please add functionality can view Account lock log.

Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech I am still getting lot of Server error log with using API v3 ($3.50 monthly)

Code:
ErrorException: Received unexpected response code 403 (Forbidden) src/XF/Error.php:75

Generated by: Unknown account Aug 17, 2019 at 5:47 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF.php(187): XF\Error->logError(Object(XF\Phrase), false)
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Security/Repository/Watcher.php(297): XF::logError(Object(XF\Phrase))
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Security/XF/Service/User/Login.php(50): DBTech\Security\Repository\Watcher->breachCheck(Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User))
#3 src/XF/Service/User/Login.php(124): DBTech\Security\XF\Service\User\Login->recordFailedAttempt()
#4 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Login.php(93): XF\Service\User\Login->validate('*****', NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Pub\Controller\Login->actionLogin(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Login', 'Login', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(xenMade\LAU\XF\Pub\Controller\Login), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(xenMade\LAU\XF\Pub\Controller\Login), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(12) "/login/login"
  ["referrer"] => string(74) "/email-stop/6314/?c=c6fdb16682722a79d05bbbdd66596bf5"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["login"] => string(23) "@gmail.com"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(74) "/email-stop/6314/?c=c6fdb16682722a79d05bbbdd66596bf5"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

One of the options in the feature list is the following:
Country Blocking
  • You can now block any country from your forum easily by selecting the country via the new AdminCP page
  • Uses XenForo's IP Ban system to ban the IP ranges assigned to each country
Is this simply limited to banning a country, or is there an option to have posts made by people from certain countries to be put On Moderation?

One of the options in the feature list is the following:Is this simply limited to banning a country, or is there an option to have posts made by people from certain countries to be put On Moderation?
It adds all IP addresses found to be belonging to that country on your forum’s IP Banning list. It does not feature any moderation integration.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Security with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version is a major upgrade, adding support for various kinds of security keys (such as a YubiKey) to the Two-Step Authentication feature, as well as the password confirmation screen.

Setting up a security key as a two-step authentication method is as easy as it is on any other site; navigate to the Two-Step screen in XenForo, and click "Enable" next to "Verification via security key". Once enabled, repeat visits to the Two-Step screen can also take...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@DragonByte Tech Can not update to 4.3.0 because Server error log.

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: Batch install error: xf_user_tfa_trusted: MySQL statement prepare error [1101]: BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'dbtech_security_user_agent' can't have a default value src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:217

Generated by: Nirjonmela Sep 19, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Stack trace

ALTER TABLE `xf_user_tfa_trusted`
CHANGE COLUMN `user_agent` `dbtech_security_user_agent` BLOB DEFAULT ''
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1101, '42000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1101, '42000')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php(151): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('ALTER TABLE `xf...')
#5 src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php(149): XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply()
#6 src/addons/DBTech/Security/Setup.php(992): XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable('xf_user_tfa_tru...', Object(Closure))
#7 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(122): DBTech\Security\Setup->upgrade904030051Step1(Array)
#8 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(71): DBTech\Security\Setup->upgradeStepRunner(904030051, 1, Array, NULL)
#9 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(297): DBTech\Security\Setup->upgrade(Array)
#10 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(90): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepAction(Object(XF\Timer))
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run(G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(111): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#14 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#19 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#21 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#22 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(46) "https://nirjonmela.com/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(81) "/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive-complete&batch_id=1"
    ["only_ids"] => string(5) "95650"
  }
}

@DragonByte Tech Can not update to 4.3.0 because Server error log.

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: Batch install error: xf_user_tfa_trusted: MySQL statement prepare error [1101]: BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'dbtech_security_user_agent' can't have a default value src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:217

Generated by: Nirjonmela Sep 19, 2019 at 9:36 PM

Stack trace

ALTER TABLE `xf_user_tfa_trusted`
CHANGE COLUMN `user_agent` `dbtech_security_user_agent` BLOB DEFAULT ''
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1101, '42000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1101, '42000')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/Schema/AbstractDdl.php(151): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('ALTER TABLE `xf...')
#5 src/XF/Db/SchemaManager.php(149): XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply()
#6 src/addons/DBTech/Security/Setup.php(992): XF\Db\SchemaManager->alterTable('xf_user_tfa_tru...', Object(Closure))
#7 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(122): DBTech\Security\Setup->upgrade904030051Step1(Array)
#8 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php(71): DBTech\Security\Setup->upgradeStepRunner(904030051, 1, Array, NULL)
#9 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(297): DBTech\Security\Setup->upgrade(Array)
#10 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(90): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepAction(Object(XF\Timer))
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run(G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#13 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(111): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#14 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#19 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#21 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#22 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(46) "https://nirjonmela.com/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(81) "/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive-complete&batch_id=1"
    ["only_ids"] => string(5) "95650"
  }
}
I've added a hot fix that should resolve the issue :)

I think this are same Xenforo Verification code via app Two-step verification providers and enabled Active providers by default without configuration?

Can a verification method be forced? I have someone who shares their account and they are not supposed to. IP addresses are increasingly unreliable.

By the way, super glad to see this become a feature afterall! I'll be testing it with my keys soon.

Can a verification method be forced? I have someone who shares their account and they are not supposed to. IP addresses are increasingly unreliable.

By the way, super glad to see this become a feature afterall! I'll be testing it with my keys soon.
You can't force a verification method, only force the verification itself. There's a user group permission setting for whether Two-step verification is required.

You can put this naughty account sharer in a special user group whose permissions all say "No" except for this permission (so as to not inadvertently override some other permission), then add that user to that group as one of their secondary groups.

They will then be forced to use 2FA, which at worst makes it more of a hassle for them to share.

Top Bottom