[DBTech] DragonByte Security

[DBTech] DragonByte Security [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Can you open up
/home/nginx/domains/mattwservices.co.uk/public/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php on line 22 and change $this->app to $app and see if that resolves it for you? :)

Fillip
This is line 22 of that file
PHP:
require('./library/config.php');

$this->app was on line 41, but I thought that is what you changed in the patch release?

This is line 22 of that file
PHP:
require('./library/config.php');

$this->app was on line 41, but I thought that is what you changed in the patch release?
I don't quite know why the error message pointed to line 22 if the actual problem was on line 41. If it works fine now after making that change then it doesn't matter anyway :)

Fillip

I don't quite know why the error message pointed to line 22 if the actual problem was on line 41. If it works fine now after making that change then it doesn't matter anyway :)

Fillip
No, it doesn't work. As soon as I switch back to Redis Cache, the whole site goes offline with that error.

Line 588 of library/XenForo/Application.php

PHP:
        /**
        * Gets the path to the configuration directory.
        * @return string
        */
        public function getConfigDir()
        {
                return $this->_configDir;
        }

Maybe @Xon has an idea why it's throwing this when his addon is enabled?

No, it doesn't work. As soon as I switch back to Redis Cache, the whole site goes offline with that error.
Could it be that Redis has cached the file with the bug in it?

Could you try flushing the Redis cache via CLI and then try again?

Fillip

Line 588 of library/XenForo/Application.php

PHP:
        /**
        * Gets the path to the configuration directory.
        * @return string
        */
        public function getConfigDir()
        {
                return $this->_configDir;
        }

Maybe @Xon has an idea why it's throwing this when his addon is enabled?
can you replace:
Code:
require(XenForo_Application::getConfigDir().'/SV/RedisCache/Installer.php');
With:
Code:
require(XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getConfigDir().'/SV/RedisCache/Installer.php');
It looks like my example is wrong sorry. I'm a bit baffled at how it even worked at all.

Could it be that Redis has cached the file with the bug in it?

Could you try flushing the Redis cache via CLI and then try again?

Fillip
Redis cache doesn't use opcode caching.

Last edited:
I forced a password change and set the criteria to be for anyone who has been inactive for 180 days, however, it looks like it has forced the change for all users.

Can update the dbtech_security_forcenewpass field to 0 for all the current users until this is fixed?

Can update the dbtech_security_forcenewpass field to 0 for all the current users until this is fixed?
Yeah, first run this
Code:
UPDATE xf_user SET dbtech_security_forcenewpass = 0
and to manually run your desired maintenance action run this:
Code:
UPDATE xf_user SET dbtech_security_forcenewpass = 1 WHERE last_activity <= (UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - (180 * 86400))

Fillip

can you replace:
Code:
require(XenForo_Application::getConfigDir().'/SV/RedisCache/Installer.php');
With:
Code:
require(XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getConfigDir().'/SV/RedisCache/Installer.php');
It looks like my example is wrong sorry. I'm a bit baffled at how it even worked at all.

Redis cache doesn't use opcode caching.
Working perfectly now with Redis. Thanks @Xon

Reactions: Xon
Fillip,

When using the Login Strikes search feature, searching by date doesn't work.

upload_2016-6-20_7-12-18.webp

Results in:
upload_2016-6-20_7-12-31.webp

There are definitely results there to search through matching those dates:
upload_2016-6-20_7-13-2.webp

Your Start Date is newer than your End Date, that produces an invalid constraint on the query. Could you please try again with the start date in January and the End Date in June?

Fillip

Your Start Date is newer than your End Date, that produces an invalid constraint on the query. Could you please try again with the start date in January and the End Date in June?

Fillip
Bloody hell! It was too early in the morning :( Sorry about that
Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Actually, setting the same start / end date results in no queries

Code:
admin.php?perpage=15&username=&ipaddress=&startdate%5Bmonth%5D=6&startdate%5Bday%5D=18&startdate%5Byear%5D=2016&enddate%5Bmonth%5D=6&enddate%5Bday%5D=18&enddate%5Byear%5D=2016&orderby=date&direction=DESC&action=view&_=dbtech-security%2Floginstrikes

upload_2016-6-20_17-3-54.webp

Also:

June 18th to June 19th

upload_2016-6-20_17-5-27.webp

Returns 61 items.

Clicking on a page number or Next loads the full results set, and not the searched set

upload_2016-6-20_17-6-19.webp

Actually, setting the same start / end date results in no queries

Code:
admin.php?perpage=15&username=&ipaddress=&startdate%5Bmonth%5D=6&startdate%5Bday%5D=18&startdate%5Byear%5D=2016&enddate%5Bmonth%5D=6&enddate%5Bday%5D=18&enddate%5Byear%5D=2016&orderby=date&direction=DESC&action=view&_=dbtech-security%2Floginstrikes
That's completely normal. Since it doesn't contain time input fields, both selections resolve to midnight on the day chosen. Please use 18th in the start date and 19th in the end date to see all entries between 00:00 and 23:59 on the 18th.

Also:

June 18th to June 19th

View attachment 136207

Returns 61 items.

Clicking on a page number or Next loads the full results set, and not the searched set
This will be fixed in tonight's update, thanks :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated DragonByte Security with a new update entry:

3.0.0 Beta 3

New Features:

Search IP Addresses: Find Potential Intruder IP Addresses
  • Displays a list of IP addresses who have failed to login to valid member accounts more than once
  • Also displays any successful logins from these IP addresses

Country Blocking
  • You can now block any country from your forum easily by selecting the country via the new AdminCP page
  • Uses XenForo's IP Ban system to ban the IP ranges assigned to each country

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom