[DBTech] DragonByte Security

[DBTech] DragonByte Security [Paid] 4.0.1

No permission to buy ($14.95)
I know the changelogs haven't been super detailed lately, but I've been very busy with DB eCommerce so I tend to provide hotfixes for the more egregious issues as and when they are reported, and then release a bulk roll-up of all fixes later down the line.

Building a new release is also a somewhat involved process; I need to tag a new release in Git for 3 different projects: universal (framework), XF1 and XF2, then add them all to the downloader @ our site. At some point in the future I'll be looking into automating the Git releases via CLI, but for now it's a long and boring process :P

Bored coder = less chance I can be bothered to go back through the git commit logs and build a detailed change log from that :P

Fillip

I'm not entirely sure I understand. If I release a new version and call it "4.0.0 Gold", that does not change the stability of the product vs. if I call it "4.0.0 Beta 4".
Last year I reported various issues I encountered in version 3.3.0
Some cause significant problems. The fixes for these issues have not been implemented in version 3, but only in major version beta 4. Which has been in beta for some months which is understandable. The problem is that I am still encountering daily errors for issues that have been marked fixed, but without a stable Gold version for me to install. Mind that I am running a big board with millions of readers. So any issue in software can have drastic impact and result in many support tickets.

Due to the popularity of my site its always under attack and your addon offers essential protection. Which is really great.
So I have the choice between uninstalling this addon and being exposed to attacks this addon protects against OR confront my readers with many errors.

Last year I reported various issues I encountered in version 3.3.0
Some cause significant problems. The fixes for these issues have not been implemented in version 3, but only in major version beta 4. Which has been in beta for some months which is understandable. The problem is that I am still encountering daily errors for issues that have been marked fixed, but without a stable Gold version for me to install. Mind that I am running a big board with millions of readers. So any issue in software can have drastic impact and result in many support tickets.

Due to the popularity of my site its always under attack and your addon offers essential protection. Which is really great.
So I have the choice between uninstalling this addon and being exposed to attacks this addon protects against OR confront my readers with many errors.
I understand that, and I sympathise. What I meant with my question; if I had released the initial v4 version as Beta, the bugs fixed thus far would still exist. If I release a Stable version tomorrow, any bugs in b4 will still exist.

So pushing for a Stable release earlier than after an extensive beta period would be worse for you than if I keep this in beta for longer.

That being said, I’m always watching for new bugs and if none present themselves, the next release will be Stable. Consider this version RC0 :)

Fillip

This error popped up a few times recently: v4.0.0 Beta 3

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'DBTech_Security_Model_Security' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
Generated By: userabcd, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model.php(113): XenForo_Model::create('DBTech_Security...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(38): XenForo_Model->getModelFromCache('DBTech_Security...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(1934): DBTech_Security_XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->resetPassword(22584)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionRequestPassword()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "https://domain.com/account/request-password"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/account/request-password"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(17) "/account/security"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

All repeated errors appear to be identical.

Thanks.

Is this a clean install (files as well as DB) or upgrade from v3?

Fillip
Sorry for the late reply - this was a upgrade from v3 and we're still running 1.5.14 if that matters... still stuck on a few custom issues that need to be resolved before upgrading the main XF to the latest rev.

A bunch more appeared overnight, Just about 10... nothing earth shattering

Another example:

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Invalid model 'DBTech_Security_Model_Security' specified - library/XenForo/Model.php:192
Generated By: userabcd, Yesterday at 3:42 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/Model.php(113): XenForo_Model::create('DBTech_Security...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(38): XenForo_Model->getModelFromCache('DBTech_Security...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(1934): DBTech_Security_XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->resetPassword(22584)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionRequestPassword()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(52) "https://domain.com/account/request-password"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/account/request-password"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(24) "/account/contact-details"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Try deleting the excess files from the /library/DBTech/Security folder - compare the contents to the fresh download and remove extra files left on the server.

Fillip

Try deleting the excess files from the /library/DBTech/Security folder - compare the contents to the fresh download and remove extra files left on the server.

Fillip
OK, will go take a look during a maintenance window today. Will report back later.

Fillip
Hello,

I have to report to you. I tested for add-on has been a bug issue.
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: userid - src/addons/DBTech/Security/Model/Watcher.php:1258 Generated By: Unknown Account, 7 minutes ago Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/src/addons/DBTech/Security/Model/Watcher.php(1258): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xxxxxxxx...', 1258, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(41): DBTech\Security\Model\Watcher->execBreachCheck(Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): DBTech_Security_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
#3 /home/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #5 {main}

I love to report to you until patch this add-on.
Thank you.

Sorry, I do not understand what you are saying.

Fillip
I have big mistake without Request State. Here it is Request State.
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: userid - src/addons/DBTech/Security/Model/Watcher.php:1258
Generated By: Unknown Account, Mar 29, 2018
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/src/addons/DBTech/Security/Model/Watcher.php(1258): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xxxxxxxxx...', 1258, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(41): DBTech\Security\Model\Watcher->execBreachCheck(Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): DBTech_Security_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
#3 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "https://xxxxxxxxx/login/login"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["login"] => string(6) "xxxxxxxxx"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["redirect"] => string(30) "/threads/xxxxxxxxx.269/"
    ["bb2_screener_"] => string(24) "1521084107 IPAdress"
  }
}

I have big mistake without Request State. Here it is Request State.
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: userid - src/addons/DBTech/Security/Model/Watcher.php:1258
Generated By: Unknown Account, Mar 29, 2018
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/src/addons/DBTech/Security/Model/Watcher.php(1258): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xxxxxxxxx...', 1258, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(41): DBTech\Security\Model\Watcher->execBreachCheck(Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): DBTech_Security_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
#3 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "https://xxxxxxxxx/login/login"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["login"] => string(6) "xxxxxxxxx"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["redirect"] => string(30) "/threads/xxxxxxxxx.269/"
    ["bb2_screener_"] => string(24) "1521084107 IPAdress"
  }
}
Can you please make sure you have deleted the /library/DBTech/Security/ folder then reuploaded that folder alone from the latest Beta version? You are using old code and it's likely that failure to complete that step is the reason.

Fillip

Top Bottom