[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
This is not true at all. I have it working with the bounce management, you just have to setup the bounce notification topic in SES and send it to an email address you use for XF's bounce handling.

Could you please share how you do this step by step or post a link to a description to it?
There's no further changes needed, as SES as well as other 3rd party email providers work with XF's bounce handling

With all respect, this is the difference between a coder and an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur looks for every opportunity to make more money. A coder thinks that he knows better what his clients might want to have then the client himself even if they tell him the opposite. 3 people on this page alone. Read the thread again.

You could have sold already 2-3 of these licences to me alone, if you would offer a better throtteling. And there are many more potential clients out there who do not raise their voice (yet). Maybe they will never do. Why should they, if you react like tis? Lost sales.

You seem to make already enough money. Good for you. That's your decision... ;)

Thanks. Is this then a format which is XF is able to read in the inbox, so this can be processed in XF ACP automatically out of the box without any extra code needed?
Yes:
1603738577686.webp
(Email addresses omitted for privacy as they appear to be real email addresses and not obvious spam domains.)

ok, when i tried this a year ago, it was not communicating properly with XF for the bounces in XF 1.5x. If that changed now with XF 2.2, this is good to hear.

So this would be a good solution in case someone is willing to pay the extra 25 USD per month for the Amazon SES individual IP Address and if he is tech-savy enough/willing to spend the time to set this Amazon SES up.

But still, there are enough admins out there who do not want this and for them the ideal solution would be everyrthing out of one hand via an XF addon. Simple to install, no monthly costs and future proof in case Amazon changes something...

One of the features that I use across my forums is the Digest feature. This has been removed from version 4.5.0 (although it is still advertised as having it). I have been told that it has been superseded by the Activity Summary feature in XenForo, this is not correct as you cannot edit the introduction and it is only for inactive users.

Really annoyed about this!

One of the features that I use across my forums is the Digest feature. This has been removed from version 4.5.0 (although it is still advertised as having it). I have been told that it has been superseded by the Activity Summary feature in XenForo, this is not correct as you cannot edit the introduction and it is only for inactive users.

Really annoyed about this!

I agree, this is what we use to send out our "newsletters", and it was great that each member could specify how often they wanted to receive them. We don't use the Mailing Lists, as we're not able to auto-generate them like Digests. We spent a lot of money on this add-on for multiple sites and now it won't work for us.

@DragonByte Tech please consider re-adding this.

I agree, this is what we use to send out our "newsletters", and it was great that each member could specify how often they wanted to receive them. We don't use the Mailing Lists, as we're not able to auto-generate them like Digests. We spent a lot of money on this add-on for multiple sites and now it won't work for us.

@DragonByte Tech please consider re-adding this.
Feature requests need to be posted in the suggestions forum @ DBTech and upvoted, otherwise they will get lost as soon as this thread receives more posts :)

Feature requests need to be posted in the suggestions forum @ DBTech and upvoted, otherwise they will get lost as soon as this thread receives more posts :)
This is not a "Feature Request" this is a complaint that you have without notice have removed important features from your addon that customers rely on and have paid for.

I purchased a lifetime licences for my sites and branding free which are now useless to me as you deleted features in updates without consultation or notice.

If it is a widely underused feature then I am sure you will be happy to give the few customers that it has affected a full refund?

This is not a "Feature Request" this is a complaint that you have without notice have removed important features from your addon that customers rely on and have paid for.

I purchased a lifetime licences for my sites and branding free which are now useless to me as you deleted features in updates without consultation or notice.

If it is a widely underused feature then I am sure you will be happy to give the few customers that it has affected a full refund?

I agree. I also purchased multiple lifetime licenses with branding free. At $144.95 each, they're the most expensive addons I've purchased for our sites. I did so because of DragonByte's track record, and as you can imagine this is highly disappointing.

If someone purchased their license within 30 days of the XF 2.2 update, sure.

---
The reason why I ask people to post in the feature request forum is the fact that I want to get an idea of how many people are affected by this decision. The suggestions forum for DB Mail has content voting enabled, similar to the suggestions forum here.

Posts in this thread, while they do stick in my mind to an extent, won’t give me a true indication of how many people are affected.

If enough people upvote & comment, I will definitely reintroduce the feature and simply make it read off of the Activity Summary blocks instead of doing a custom implementation. That way, users who do not need the Activity Summary feature would be able to take advantage of 3rd party content providers adding support for Activity Summary.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version fixes a minor issue with the mail log tracker, where a "Duplicate key x-x for key PRIMARY" could be generated in certain scenarios. This bug did not impact the main functionality of the add-on.

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fix race condition that could create a server error when inserting mail tracking log entries

Read the rest of this update entry...

If someone purchased their license within 30 days of the XF 2.2 update, sure.

---
The reason why I ask people to post in the feature request forum is the fact that I want to get an idea of how many people are affected by this decision. The suggestions forum for DB Mail has content voting enabled, similar to the suggestions forum here.

Posts in this thread, while they do stick in my mind to an extent, won’t give me a true indication of how many people are affected.

If enough people upvote & comment, I will definitely reintroduce the feature and simply make it read off of the Activity Summary blocks instead of doing a custom implementation. That way, users who do not need the Activity Summary feature would be able to take advantage of 3rd party content providers adding support for Activity Summary.

Maybe relevant to discussion but I was disappointed to find out after renewing my license that you removed the Digest feature suggesting that XF 2.2 Inactivity email be used as a replacement yet left the Inactivity feature in DBTech Mail which is in fact a duplicate of XF's Activity email feature.

Not sure if that was the intent here but now scrambling to figure out how to bend XF's inactivity feature to be similar to the digest feature we all grew to love. Are you planning on bringing it back?

Maybe relevant to discussion but I was disappointed to find out after renewing my license that you removed the Digest feature suggesting that XF 2.2 Inactivity email be used as a replacement yet left the Inactivity feature in DBTech Mail which is in fact a duplicate of XF's Activity email feature.

Not sure if that was the intent here but now scrambling to figure out how to bend XF's inactivity feature to be similar to the digest feature we all grew to love. Are you planning on bringing it back?
Once I have time to do so, I'll review the suggestion thread linked below the quoted post and see whether enough people have provided feedback (in the form of upvotes) to review the decision :)

Once I have time to do so, I'll review the suggestion thread linked below the quoted post and see whether enough people have provided feedback (in the form of upvotes) to review the decision :)

In all fairness Filip it's not really a suggestion as you elected to remove this feature without so much as a peep outside of a changelog (or at least no outreach to existing customers) so it's more like gauging the size of the torches brandished by the small scale customer revolt ;) It's the number 1 feature for this addon for me at least so I hope you bring it back. I've also started receiving complaints from my forum members about their missing digest so it's definitely not a mind trick.

Please bring it back soon.

Are there any news regarding more flexiblity with throtteling the amount of emails not only by hour (ie. a field to put any kind of number for minutes in it) and regarding the digest feature that was withdrawn a few months ago?

Both are the most important features within this addon.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

4.6.0 Beta 1

Update highlights

This version restores the Digest feature.

Firstly, I want to apologise for how this happened and how I handled this. I did not adequately communicate my plans to remove this feature, and as a result I did not give people a chance to voice their feedback. I arrogantly assumed that people used Digests in an entirely different way (as a way to bring back old, lapsed users), and I did not consider that people might have purchased Mail exclusively for this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom