[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Thank you, i have read now that there is a cronjob every ten minutes.
Is there also an option to set the number of mails to send with every batch, please?

Thank you, i have read now that there is a cronjob every ten minutes.
Is there also an option to set the number of mails to send with every batch, please?
No, that is not required. There is no such thing as a batch size for the digest since it depends on each individual user. As I mentioned in my previous post, there will be a global "mail per hour across the entire XF setting" in the next version.

Have you seen the format of mails of this here:

It looks (to me) much more nice and in order than the one i get from my client now as a test-mail.
For example i can see bbcodes in the text. :(

Have you seen the format of mails of this here:

It looks (to me) much more nice and in order than the one i get from my client now as a test-mail.
For example i can see bbcodes in the text. :(
Then your email client is bad, since this looks better than what you're showing from that resource, and BBCode is also parsed.

Here's an example from a site that's running this add-on, using a custom skin for emails:
1592752234690.webp

My (custom!) bbcode is not parsed! Neither on ipad, PC, phone.
There should be a setup not to show the content of threads. How can i trigger that, please?

Sorry, i have linked the wrong addon

The mail output of this one looks very nice and very clear.

For try and error i need to empty my tables?

There is a way to

check digest only to admin | yes
then run cron by hand | yes
but nothing happens, because of ...digest_log?

You cant deselect "link forums" (default of XF or addon from XON, i dont remember)
So users can select this.
Can i prevent users from selecting forums or at least subforums? They should eat all or at least select the cats only.

What i like here is:

that i can show new threads and updated threads. Here only {whatever} or new threads?

You cant deselect "link forums" (default of XF or addon from XON, i dont remember)
So users can select this.
Can i prevent users from selecting forums or at least subforums? They should eat all or at least select the cats only.
admin.php?dbtech-mail/digests/digest.1/edit then open up the "Content type: Threads`, you'll find all the options :)

Yes, Sir, people with knowledge to read ...
I thought i can select the forums where to get infos at all.

If i uncheck all, i still can see the cats and also the link forums.
People will not understand this.
If there is no forum included, the {thing above} should be not shown, i think.

OR

there should be not checkbox in front of.

There should be an option to dont offer this:
Configure content settings

Maybe just kill it in the template or template change?

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

4.4.0 Beta 1

Update highlights

This version adds a single major new feature; the ability to limit the maximum amount of emails your forum sends in an hour.
To be clear, this affects all email across the whole of your XenForo installation, so long as all 3rd party add-ons use XF's own email feature.
This means if you are running your site on a shared host, or your web host is limiting the amount of email sent, you can now effectively control this within XF.

Given that this feature...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @DragonByte Tech if i understand correctly if i set the limit to 100 per hour that mean if DragonByte Mail send 100 mails, and someone register to my board, he will have to wait 1 hour before receiving the confirmation email?

if so it will be nice to not limit registration confirmation?

Hi @DragonByte Tech if i understand correctly if i set the limit to 100 per hour that mean if DragonByte Mail send 100 mails, and someone register to my board, he will have to wait 1 hour before receiving the confirmation email?
That is not strictly accurate. The way this feature works is that every time an email is sent, an entry is added to a log table. It contains nothing more than a time stamp, no personal information whatsoever is recorded.

Before a new log entry is inserted, the system will erase log entries older than one hour, then count the number of entries in the log table. If your forum has sent more than X mail (where X is the number you've configured in the AdminCP, so in your example 100), then the email being sent will be queued for 5 minutes later.

What this means is, unless your forum is pumping out a large amount of email, it should not take an hour for confirmation email to be sent.

If your forum is sending that many emails, you should look into a 3rd party email service like Amazon SES or Mailgun.

DB Mail can assist you with cleaning your mailing list prior to using those services, if you've got the technical know-how to open port 25 so that your server can connect to remote mail servers in the email validation feature.

if so it will be nice to not limit registration confirmation?
This is not possible. I don't have any information about what email is being sent, only that an email is being sent.

Does this addon has build in digest with latest threads and unread ?
like this one ?

Does this addon has build in digest with latest threads and unread ?
like this one ?
This add-on does have a digest:
1593732578011.webp

There is no "unread" component.

Before a new log entry is inserted, the system will erase log entries older than one hour, then count the number of entries in the log table. If your forum has sent more than X mail (where X is the number you've configured in the AdminCP, so in your example 100), then the email being sent will be queued for 5 minutes later.
Is 1 hour the only option or can you let's say also configure it with "x amount of emails every 10 Minutes"?

Can you show a screenshot how this time field looks like (is it free configurable?)

I need to have it in a shorter timeframe than only 1 hour.

Second question: If you purchase the lifetime version with removing the copyright, is there still any hint or link within the email sent out to your site or your products?

Last edited:
Top Bottom