[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.4.0

No permission to buy ($29.95)
Hi,
Is there any way to disable the list of countries? i do not sale worldwide, so there is no point to having it
Also it would be great if we can have an option to display unviewed product counter
menu.webp

Thank you,

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce with a new update entry:

1.4.0 Gold

Update highlights

After a successful Beta period, it's time to release the Gold version of DragonByte eCommerce v1.4.0! 🎉

This version contains multiple usability improvements and enhancements. The "Simplified download interface" option has been made obsolete, and its functionality has been merged with the "normal" downloads interface.
This means users will have an easier time downloading their licenses, as download buttons are now more readily available...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update, most features work as described, except for a few things:
  • Cancelled orders will still count as a "commission," essentially doubling the payment amount.
  • Distributors will not be able to select a license to generate if there's only one product created.
  • Unlisted products will still be tallied beside the product category.
  • Not necessarily an issue, but I would like distributable products with tiered pricing plans to be separated, because a configurable license length doesn't make sense, at least for my potential use case.
I'll install the add-on on a local development server within a week or two and see if I can find more issues.

I'm looking for a solution that allows me to convert Xenforo to a reliable digital e-commerce shop, and this add-on is almost there. Good work!

Last edited:
Cancelled orders will still count as a "commission," essentially doubling the payment amount.
If you're referring to orders that have been refunded, then these will receive a new entry in the sales log with a negative amount. This is because the space of time between the initial order and the refund/reversal can be up to 3 months for PayPal.

For instance, let's say you pay out commissions on the 31st, then on the 4th of the next month the order is reversed. It'll then get inserted as a new entry with -$39.95 or whatever the cost was, so that the records are always correct.

If this is not the case, then could you please provide more information / screenshots?

Distributors will not be able to select a license to generate if there's only one product created.
I'm not sure I understand, can you please provide more information / screenshots?

Unlisted products will still be tallied beside the product category.
What method of making them "unlisted" are you referring to? I need more information in order to assist you with this.

Cancelled orders being counted as a commission:

7a65eae2.png

d958c159.png

Distributor has a product assigned, but none will show up:

5409b7b8.png

Unlisted products being tallied up:

70ca351e.png

Cancelled orders being counted as a commission:
I will look into that, thank you :)

Distributor has a product assigned, but none will show up:
Can you show me the distributor configuration as well?

Unlisted products being tallied up:
Oh you mean the new flag, I understand. That's working as intended. The product is still accessible from its product information page, thus it is still considered to be in the category.

Cancelled orders being counted as a commission
I have identified the issue and will correct it in the next version. I'm also taking the opportunity to improve the display of that page, since showing it all on one line was making it a bit difficult to read:

1562411416448.webp
(Not final design, still a WIP so phrasing or layout may change)

I'll post back once I have more information about the distributor issue.

I have identified the issue and will correct it in the next version. I'm also taking the opportunity to improve the display of that page, since showing it all on one line was making it a bit difficult to read:

View attachment 205914
(Not final design, still a WIP so phrasing or layout may change)

I'll post back once I have more information about the distributor issue.

Thanks man, this is the best e-commerce solution I've seen so far. Great support as well.

If you have more selected, it'll seem to always ignore the last product in the list.
The issue was actually a little bit more complex than that, the behaviour you're seeing is because your product IDs all started from 1. It'll be fixed in the next version, though you'll have to edit and save each Distributor to rebuild the cache.

Normally I'd create an upgrade step to rebuild the cache, but I think you're the first person that's actually used this feature - it was only added because of some old business deals @ DBTech that have since fallen into disuse and I thought "eh, maybe someone else could make use of it too". As a result, I'm not sure it's worth the bother of creating an upgrade step :P

Thanks man, this is the best e-commerce solution I've seen so far. Great support as well.
I appreciate the kind words and your quick help in identifying these issues :)

Let me know if you find anything else over the course of the weekend :)

The thing is I have a very small order history. It was upgrading for too long before I terminated it. I had to downgrade to the older version.

The thing is I have a very small order history. It was upgrading for too long before I terminated it. I had to downgrade to the older version.
What do you mean, "too long"?

You are the only person who has experienced this problem, so I'm inclined to believe it's not in the addon itself.

Top Bottom