[DBTech] DragonByte Donate

[DBTech] DragonByte Donate [Paid] 3.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
XenForo payment system it is not for people to donate, it is for people to buy. That's the truth .

Regards
Let's put it to a vote then:

Everyone who wants me to remove the ability to use other payment profiles other than PayPal in exchange for the PayPal checkout screen saying "Donation" instead of "Purchase" like this post.

In about a week or so I will compare the number of likes this post has with the number of people who have purchased this product. If the number of likes is at or higher than 75% of license holders, I will make the change.

Somehow I doubt that this will happen...

Fillip

I pay you 100 € if you change it to donate :p
Sorry, but that would not be enough in this case. Since this would be custom work for you and you alone, as there's no way in a million years I would actually remove this feature from the mod, our rate would be €60/hr for this work. Had this been work we could resell, the rate would have been €28/hr.

As it would take significantly more than 1.5 hours to implement, €100 would not begin to cover the cost of the work. €1,300 would be a closer figure to the real cost of this implementation.

The rates in EUR listed were correct at the time of writing. Our base rates are in USD and as such are subject to currency conversion rates at the time of signing a contract and so the rates listed in this post may not be correct weeks or months from now.

Fillip

If you change it, you will sell it much more (y)
No, we won't. We will sell much, much less. The most frequent request for the XF1 version was to add support for bd PayGates and after that was added, sales went up.

We have a lot of users who either cannot or do not want to use PayPal, so limiting support to PayPal would be an incredibly poor decision.

Fillip

Is there a way to change the donation drive URL to remove the "dbtech-donate/" if we have branding free? Also, is there a way to make the donation module hidden from guests? I have the guest usergroup permission set to "never" but they can still see the donation widget on the main page.

Last edited:
Is there a way to change the donation drive URL to remove the "dbtech-donate/" if we have branding free? Also, is there a way to make the donation module hidden from guests? I have the guest usergroup permission set to "never" but they can still see the donation widget on the main page.
Route filters :)

Have you checked the drive configuration to see if there’s any settings there that may be relevant?

Fillip

Here's what works for us, and what we're looking for in XF2 software...

We don't want a donation 'drive', we just want donations.

We ask for the following...

£1, £2, £5, £10, £user specified, once only
£1, £2, £5, £10, £user specified, recurring

Would be nice to have a log and the other stuff.

Is this something your plugin could do?

Cheers

Here's what works for us, and what we're looking for in XF2 software...

We don't want a donation 'drive', we just want donations.

We ask for the following...

£1, £2, £5, £10, £user specified, once only
£1, £2, £5, £10, £user specified, recurring

Would be nice to have a log and the other stuff.

Is this something your plugin could do?

Cheers
Unfortunately not, there is no predefined donation amounts. Users are always free to enter their own amounts.

Personally, I don't understand the desire for predefined donation amounts, could you please elaborate why you believe this is superior to a simple input box?

Fillip

Unfortunately not, there is no predefined donation amounts. Users are always free to enter their own amounts.

Personally, I don't understand the desire for predefined donation amounts, could you please elaborate why you believe this is superior to a simple input box?

Fillip

The same reason all the charity sites, betting sites and anything else where you pay some undefined amount have predefined values. There's psychology behind it.

Top Bottom