[DBTech] DragonByte Avatars

[DBTech] DragonByte Avatars [Paid] 0.9.1

No permission to buy ($37.50)
OK, now to what this thread is REALLY about (support). I installed on my test forum. I get this error when trying to create a thread or post in general.
Argument 1 passed to DBTech_xFAvatars_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be of the type array, none given, called in /home/*******/public_html/test/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 467 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in DBTech/xFAvatars/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 7
  2. DBTech_xFAvatars_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 467
  3. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1423
  4. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 828
  5. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/*******/public_html/test/index.php at line 13

Hi Jim,

To be honest, this product hasn't been updated for quite a while, I'm surprised it even installs on the latest version of xenForo! It goes to show how much care the XF team took in making sure updates don't break backwards compatibility.

Anyway, I'm currently on holiday, I'll be back in full on the 4th :) I will need to discuss the future of this mod, as well as the xFSignatures mod, with our Managing Director as well as determine when we can give this mod the proper testing and updating that it deserves to bring it in line with our current and future xenForo portfolio.

In the meantime, I can try to do some quick hotfixes, though I can't guarantee the mod will be working as intended - it is after all 3 years old soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Fillip

Well, no errors now. It is not Living Avatars, but is similar. With Living Avatars you could have a background, accessories, etc..

Personally I would like to see you guys focus on porting your arcade over. I am sure that there are MANY people here that would agree with that.

Technically it is possible for you to create custom layouts to add the stuff you mention - however, apart from backgrounds, it's a bit tricky. Essentially, what you need is to create a transparent background (unless you're creating a background, of course :P) the same size as the source image, but in the correct position(s).

Since I'm terrible at explaining things; think of it like layers in Photoshop, except each layer has to be the same size. Hopefully that made more sense :P

There's nothing stopping you from adding new layers to the system (by adding folders in the file system), but it does require a bit of skill with an image manipulation program.

Fillip

Hi Jim,

That looks like a scaling issue. Are your avatar dimensions set to a lower allowed resolution than the avatars generated by this mod?

Fillip

Hello @DragonByte Tech!

Very good addon as ever.
One question, this addon can be supplemented with "DragonByte Credits"?
This means that users can buy better clothes in exchange for credits.

Thanks!

Hello @DragonByte Tech!

Very good addon as ever.
One question, this addon can be supplemented with "DragonByte Credits"?
This means that users can buy better clothes in exchange for credits.

Thanks!
There should be Points Table and Points Settings fields in the options for this mod, which you can use for this purpose :)

Fillip

Is there anyway to get your avatar to display in the postbit of the forum? A.K.A. after a user posts, it'd display under his/her avatar/post count/likes received/ etc.

Is there anyway to get your avatar to display in the postbit of the forum? A.K.A. after a user posts, it'd display under his/her avatar/post count/likes received/ etc.
Unfortunately not at this time, it was designed to replace your normal forum avatar.

Fillip

Unfortunately not at this time, it was designed to replace your normal forum avatar.

Fillip
Can I request you to add this into it personally for me? If so, how much would this cost? I don't see it being that much of a hassle. Just change it from the avatar to post bit. However, I'm scripter so I don't know for sure.

Can I request you to add this into it personally for me? If so, how much would this cost? I don't see it being that much of a hassle. Just change it from the avatar to post bit. However, I'm scripter so I don't know for sure.
A hack you might be able to apply yourself would be to open /library/DBTech/xFAvatars/ControllerPublic/Ajax.php and remove
PHP:
            // Rage against the machine.
            @copy($app->getRootDir() . '/styles/DBTech/xFAvatars/avatars/' . $viewingUser['user_id'] . '.png', $app->getRootDir() . '/styles/DBTech/xFAvatars/avatars/' . $viewingUser['user_id'] . '_tmp.png');

// Hacks.
            $_FILES['xfavatar'] = array(
                'name' => $viewingUser['user_id'] . '.png',
                'tmp_name' => $app->getRootDir() . '/styles/DBTech/xFAvatars/avatars/' . $viewingUser['user_id'] . '_tmp.png'
            );

$avatar = XenForo_Upload::getUploadedFile('xfavatar');

/* @var $avatarModel XenForo_Model_Avatar */
            $avatarModel = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Avatar');

// upload new avatar
            $avatarData = $avatarModel->uploadAvatar($avatar, $viewingUser['user_id'], XenForo_Visitor::getInstance()->getPermissions());

Then you would need to find a way to add the styles/DBTech/xFAvatars/avatars/' . $viewingUser['user_id'] . '.png to your template without generating a 404 for users who do not have a custom avatar. I'm not sure if template conditions support the file_exists check.

If you wanted us to add this to the product then the cost of that would be $150 based on our standard hourly rates.

Fillip

Do you have a demo?

Screenshots are from a desktop while most traffic now is predominantly mobile....

Many thanks!

You can download the free Lite version and install it on your site to try - this mod isn't on our XenForo Demo site at the moment, sorry :(

Fillip

Top Bottom