XF 1.4 DB error after email confirmation is actived

rpg999

Hello everybody, I have recently installed XF 1.4.4 on my server. When i try to register , the same thing happens

>enter all details
>click register
>forums is loading for a while
>white screen with: An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later
>account created, but no email confirmation sent

But when i uncheck send confirmation email in option, the registration process works without any errors.

On my test server i worked with version 1.4.3 and everything was fine. Anyone know what the issue could be ?

here is the screenshot
http://joxi.ru/12MplMNI8woGmJ

I have just successfully registered the "Test" account on the forum listed in your customer area.

Can you delete the account and enable email registration so I can check again?

The actual error is: <!-- Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away -->

I suspect the problem may be something to do with email timing out.
What email settings do you have configured?
I suspect none of the email related functions will work.

You may need to contact your host then and ask them to check whether the server is configured correctly, i.e. a mail transfer agent such as Postfix and PHP configured to use it correctly (sendmail_path).

You should increase the wait_timeout setting in MySQL if possible. But otherwise, it certainly sounds like the mail() function is hanging; your example is very simple so it may not be triggering the same paths in your MTA/mail server. Any details would be in the mail log on your server (which generally needs root access to read).

Top Bottom