Dating scripts?

jauburn

Some of my members end up forming romantic attractions, so I was wondering whether I should branch out by offering a dating component. Anyone ever use any dating scripts? I have no experience with them at all.

Used to have something very simple that was sort of like Facebook where you can say your relationship status and type the member's name.

Unfortunately that was years ago and it was broken. You literally had to type the full name the way the user had it. So if the name was xIsabel and you typed XIsabel then it wouldn't work. It also didn't require the other user to confirm the relationship. As I said, it was very basic and broken.

To my surprise though users actually started using it just to play with each other. They knew it was broken and so they had more fun with it. "Marrying" each other for ****s and giggles and then "cheating" on each other the next day by marrying someone else.

If I was to do it now, for XenForo it'd probably be a lot easier. The name could autocomplete or be provided in a dropdown the way it is for other add-ons, alerts can be sent, users would have to confirm a relationship, and maybe even have a display in their postbit. Now it seems like there's just so much more that could be done with it.

I think xenforo is a great platform to have a dating script built upon. Pretty much all the dating scripts out there are grossly outdated, so some modern competition would not hurt at all.

Some of my members end up forming romantic attractions, so I was wondering whether I should branch out by offering a dating component. Anyone ever use any dating scripts? I have no experience with them at all.
Can you please tell me how so few members make so many posts? How did you build that? Wow! Great work.

eMeeting
I bought this script when it first launched a good few years ago , its now on to version 10...
But I never got around to doing anything with it so cant show you an example of a MY SITE....

Have a look here & try the demo...
http://www.datingscripts.com/

Regards...

Now that I've thought this over a bit, addind a dating component to a community is no doubt a whole new ball of wax, with myriad issues and problems that I probably don't want any part of. Folks can "date" through PM if they want to--and probably do.

Seems to me that the only thing needed is some user profile fields, better memberlist and optionally a member search widget.

Seems to me that the only thing needed is some user profile fields, better memberlist and optionally a member search widget.

Yeah that's right, custom fields are easy to do, and then there's this plugin to search in custom fields:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-member-profile-search.1748/

Not sure if it does the whole trick but if I was building a dating site, this, plus some permissions-based restrictions for profile viewing etc, would probably be enough to start.

Have said it again some years ago, I'm repeating it again. If any serious developer wants to port my vBulletin addons to xenforo he can ask for it.
In the past I gave my microCART, microSUPPORT and microCLASSIFIEDS to micheal332001 but he pulled them out from here.

I've used dating scripts in the past. From 10 dollars ones to 400 dollars ones. And they all have been horrible!! Not user friendly. And the support wasn't very good. Which is what most people need. This is what i like most about xenforo. Its easy to use, not so expensive and the support is good.

I remember using SkaDate. http://www.skadate.com/

For the amount of money i payed for it. It was not a good at all. I regret it. I wish there was an exact same "copy" of developers of xenforo but in the Dating Script business. There's a big demand=money for dating scripts.

I gave up on playing with dating scripts years ago!!

Having some sort of dating script or add-on with xenforo would be cool. Maybe in your dashboard you could see

"Chris is now in a relationship with Amy" I think it would work good in forums that are about dating

dating.webp

Can't say I've seen much demand for it.
I don't agree. Have been as member in Dating sites since 1998 with the best site at that time kiss.com
I can say that I'm guru in dating. Do a very simple test to understand how many money they're getting from men members (Men are 95%+ of the paid members).
Post a profile as woman and count the messages that you'll get. Only paid members can send messages.
As for the fare. Most members are getting the 1 month membership. Cost? 35 Euros or 35 USD depending on your location. This is another trick that they use. They don't use currency exchange. The have a price of 35 and depending on your country you'll pay $35 (confirmed) or 35 Euros (confirmed) or maybe 35 GBP (not confirmed).
Do you want more? There is a company Cupimedia. They're operating around 30 different dating sites (Asian women, African women, Latino women, Ukraine women etc). Once I found myself have paid 3 times for the same month in 3 different of theire sites. I know that it was idiot from my side. But I did it.

Underline: Dating is the MOST profitable online Business.
PS: Just for joke, even if it's true. Do you know that you look like as twin brother of Varoufakis our new Financial Minister? :)

I meant demand here on this site.

I don't doubt it's popular and successful (profitable) on the wider web.

PS: Just for joke, even if it's true. Do you know that you look like as twin brother of Varoufakis our new Financial Minister? :)
Hehe, that's a new one.

Top Bottom