Not a bug Date selector feature regression

AndyB

Affected version
2.3.0 Beta 1
The date selector in XF 2.3.0 beta 1 is not working as it did in XF 2.2.

1. The default input should be blank, it should not show mm/dd/yyyy as it does now.
2. Clicking into the input area (see red arrow) should bring up the date selector. Currently one must click on the icon to bring up the date selector. This is a feature regression.

1711120550853.webp

1. The server receives a blank value if nothing is input - so this behaviour is the same

2. The behaviour is controlled by the browser - these are native date inputs. They behave differently on different browsers and there may be UI and UX differences. For example on iOS the selector appears on tap.

No changes are planned here.

That is Safari's design decision. Again, these are native inputs. Their UX and UI is determined by the browser, not us.

Bad, how?

FWIW the Windows 10 date pickers are the same in Windows 11. It depends on the browser you're using. If you're using Chromium based Edge or Chrome then the experience is the same.

Right. Firefox has different datepicker. What is annoying is that you cannot seem to copy paste complete data in these fields. On one of the addons I use on 2.2.x, I paste the updated dates in the date field which works great. And I imagine this addon would also switch to native date picker in 2.3 which would sort of make it super annoying to edit dates of the posts/threads. :X3:

1711130918262.webp

Top Bottom