Partial fix Regression: Can't copy quote

Kirby

Affected version
In XenForo versions < 2.2 it was possible to copy a quote from an editor instance and post it into another one.

This was especially useful as it opened up a usable workaround to add further quotes to existing posts:
Mark the posts for quoting, insert them into the reply editor, copy the code into an editor used for editing a post.

This does no longer work on XF 2.2 making it even more complicated to add further quotes to an existing post then it already was (as it requires switching editor mode which now requires 2 clicks instead of one on XenForo 2.1)

This should either be fixed or (that would be a better solution anyway) https://xenforo.com/community/threads/insert-quotes-button-when-editing-posts.67943/#post-1435614 should be implemented.

Last edited:
I have made a change here which sort of mitigates this a bit, though it does seem to expose a different behavior in Firefox than Chrome and I'm not really sure why. The goal with the change is mostly to include the wrapping formatting tags when it's fundamentally equivalent (essentially the difference between putting the cursor around a line of text and any wrapping tags, rather than within the tags and around the text itself).

Worth mentioning that in my tests if you highlight over 2 lines, it seems to include the wrapping quote. I'm not 100% sure I understand the exact logic of the browsers here.

I'll leave this open for now though I'm not sure other changes are necessarily coming.

Top Bottom