Fixed Big performance regression in the EmojiOne / JoyPixels PHP library in XenForo 2.2 (with partial fix)

Steffen

Affected version
Upgrading from XenForo 2.1 to XenForo 2.2 had a negative effect on our response times and server load. The (or at least one) cause is a performance regression in the EmojiOne / JoyPixels PHP library that was updated from version 4.0 to version 6.0.1.

Please see my posts in the following thread for all the details, I don't think it makes sense to repeat everything here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...load-increased-anyone-else-noticed-it.191779/

I've posted a fix / workaround there for those of us who use the Emoji style "Native device emoji".

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.5).

Change log:
Fix performance regression with emoji conversion and skip emoji conversion code entirely if using natively-styled emoji.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

I've reported the underlying issue upstream as well:

Thanks for the initial report and to @Kirby for identifying the || change specifically, as that made it easy to demonstrate the issue. :)

Top Bottom