Not a bug Reverse chronological members list feature missing

mqudsi

Affected version
Hello team,

Please forgive me if I'm simply looking in the wrong place, but it seems that a user-accessible (i.e. non-admin) list of newest members is no longer accessible in the xF 2.0 releases.

There is a widget with the latest few members, but it doesn't seem possible to actually obtain an indexed list of newest registrations? Our moderators rely on that feature extensively to weed out spammers.

Thank you.

You can edit that widget to increase the amount of members shown, not exactly what you are looking for but useful just the same.

Actually, there's potentially a solution in XF2.

You can use the "Member statistics" feature in the Admin CP. This allows you to add additional tabs to the Members page, similar to this:

https://xenforo.com/community/members/?key=staff_members

This allows you to create a new tab, with the list of users set to "All valid users" sorted by "Join date" and in "Descending" order. If you only wanted to show this to staff members, there is additionally a "Permission limit" option. You'd be able to set that to a specific permission that all of your moderators have (perhaps "Bypass user privacy"?) and then you can set an appropriate limit. It defaults to 20 but you can set it to anything you like (up to about 200).

Top Bottom