Data Registry and Blobs

Dan Allen

I have no problem being corrected where I need it. I am posting these comments, because I want to get to the bottom of some system design elements I am not sure I understand. These graphics are from a discussion taking place within our devlopment shop. I am trying to explain why I think blobs are not the best thing.

upload_2015-10-9_8-26-2.webp

upload_2015-10-9_8-26-28.webp

"Serialized should not be part of a relational database, except for temporary purposes".

That data is there temporarily. The xf_data_registry table is effectively a cache, the actual data from which that cache is built is stored in rows and tables accordingly. Rows can be removed from this cache and the data within the registry is rebuilt as it is needed from the tables in which it is stored.

That data is there temporarily. The xf_data_registry table is effectively a cache, the actual data from which that cache is built is stored in rows and tables accordingly. Rows can be removed from this cache and the data within the registry is rebuilt as it is needed from the tables in which it is stored.

This I did not know. Thank you for explaining.

Top Bottom