Resource icon

[Darth]Administrate Forum 1.1.0

No permission to download

Sylar

Sylar submitted a new resource:

[Darth]Administrate Forum (version 1.0) - Edit your forums with ease

fiyhg.png

Description
This add-on is something I created out of personal need for myself. I needed something that would cut down on the time I'm CONSTANTLY going through about 4 pages in the xenforo back-end to edit my forums. I often found myself looking at my node like: "Why isn't there just a button saying 'Administrate forum'?" Well now there is! This add-on allows you to quickly and easily...

Read more about this resource...

Great work, dude.

One bit of feedback...

What editor did you use to create the files?

Well, actually, I guess that doesn't matter, but whatever editor you use, try to put indents in appropriate places.

So you'd end up with something like this:

indented.webp

It makes it much easier to read. It's a good practice to get into.

Ah yes, I noticed that when I was coding it, and in all honesty I meant to go back and fix it, but I was just too lazy(shame on me :P ). I use dreamweaver and Notepad++(when I'm not on my home computer) ;)
Will fix that up now, and will have it up on the next update, which I will add in a few days. Planning on releasing another button as well :)

sorry but what exactly does the button do? is it a link to the "ACP/Edit Forum" page for the current node?

ok I looked and yes, that's what it is. thanks

sorry but what exactly does the button do? is it a link to the "ACP/Edit Forum" page for the current node?

ok I looked and yes, that's what it is. thanks
Yep :)
It's a wonderful little button if you constantly have to edit nodes. I constantly am editing nodes due to the niche of my forum, so I decided to make this. Releasing it to the public is an added bonus :)

I love this little button. :)

If it had user permissions for each groups, that would be cool too.

(Not to say I want other groups to use this. No, not at all. But rather a little drop down that allowed me to quickly access the permissions for each individual group would be nice)

Sylar updated [Darth]Administrate Forum with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Released! Bootstrap makes an appearance!

Hello all!

I finally got around to updating this today :oops: I'm thinking you all will like these new features :)
First and foremost: I've changed the buttons from regular css3 to bootstrap buttons, hope you folks enjoy :)
Next: The permissions button was added, per this post. This will instantly take you to the permissions page for your forum.
Also: Added a "create child node" button, so you can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the support! Eventually I'd like to get a whole toolbar up there with basically options to edit your nodes right on the frontend, and maybe even expand it into a user-management thing as well :)

Thanks for the support! Eventually I'd like to get a whole toolbar up there with basically options to edit your nodes right on the frontend, and maybe even expand it into a user-management thing as well :)

Sounds great!

This would most certainly help our site so much. Due to the type of site we are(We are a writing/rping site and people can apply in our process to get their own forums for their RP) we constantly have forums being created/deleted/moved etc. Something like this would be a god send.

It would also be cool if you can make it so that moderators of a forum can edit the description and possibly do more things like maybe add a child(However this should all be seperate permissions(editing description and adding child nodes, should not be bundled) and they have to be a moderator of the parent forum, so we could give Storytellers more control of their games and remove one less burdon off our staff.

We would be willing to toss money behind this :)!

Hm...
Seeing as how they are moderators, I doubt it could work to where they are able to administrate the forum without making them an administrator. I can definitely work on more buttons(delete, add child, etc.), though :)

Hm...
Seeing as how they are moderators, I doubt it could work to where they are able to administrate the forum without making them an administrator. I can definitely work on more buttons(delete, add child, etc.), though :)
Hmm....That makes sense if you are linking to the exact spot in the ACP, but I ment more along the lines of an interface on the front that can be used seperately from the ACP. Kind of how like Chris Deeming's notification addon has a front in notification center so non admins can be given the ability to create notifications.

If I have your permission, do you mind if I show this conversation to Chris? I want to get his take on it, maybe he can help :).

Absolutely! If he would be willing to help out we could probably get something functional

Thanks for this. It is very nice, clean and simple. I must say, it makes it much quicker to manage forums. (y)

Top Bottom