1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Darth]Administrate Forum 1.1.0

Edit your forums with ease

1. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Sylar submitted a new resource:

[Darth]Administrate Forum (version 1.0) - Edit your forums with ease

Read more about this resource...
    Chris D likes this.
  2. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Chris D likes this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Great work, dude.

One bit of feedback...

What editor did you use to create the files?

Well, actually, I guess that doesn't matter, but whatever editor you use, try to put indents in appropriate places.

So you'd end up with something like this:

It makes it much easier to read. It's a good practice to get into.
    Alfa1 and Sylar like this.
  4. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I noticed that when I was coding it, and in all honesty I meant to go back and fix it, but I was just too lazy(shame on me :p ). I use dreamweaver and Notepad++(when I'm not on my home computer) ;)
    Will fix that up now, and will have it up on the next update, which I will add in a few days. Planning on releasing another button as well :)
    Chris D likes this.
  5. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member

sorry but what exactly does the button do? is it a link to the "ACP/Edit Forum" page for the current node?

ok I looked and yes, that's what it is. thanks
    Sylar likes this.
  6. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Yep :)
    It's a wonderful little button if you constantly have to edit nodes. I constantly am editing nodes due to the niche of my forum, so I decided to make this. Releasing it to the public is an added bonus :)
  7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I love this little button. :)

If it had user permissions for each groups, that would be cool too.

(Not to say I want other groups to use this. No, not at all. But rather a little drop down that allowed me to quickly access the permissions for each individual group would be nice)
    Sylar likes this.
  8. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Ah, like the permissions tab for that forum? That could be worked on...
    Adam Howard likes this.
  9. nukedi

nukedi Member

I like the addon it's realy good..thank you
    Sylar likes this.
  10. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Glad you like it :)
    Planning on releasing and update this weekend, sorry all, been really swamped.
    nukedi likes this.
  11. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Sylar updated [Darth]Administrate Forum with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Released! Bootstrap makes an appearance!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    Adam Howard likes this.
  12. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

Sylar likes this.
  13. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support! Eventually I'd like to get a whole toolbar up there with basically options to edit your nodes right on the frontend, and maybe even expand it into a user-management thing as well :)
  14. The Dark Wizard

Sounds great!

This would most certainly help our site so much. Due to the type of site we are(We are a writing/rping site and people can apply in our process to get their own forums for their RP) we constantly have forums being created/deleted/moved etc. Something like this would be a god send.

It would also be cool if you can make it so that moderators of a forum can edit the description and possibly do more things like maybe add a child(However this should all be seperate permissions(editing description and adding child nodes, should not be bundled) and they have to be a moderator of the parent forum, so we could give Storytellers more control of their games and remove one less burdon off our staff.

We would be willing to toss money behind this :)!
    Sylar likes this.
  15. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Seeing as how they are moderators, I doubt it could work to where they are able to administrate the forum without making them an administrator. I can definitely work on more buttons(delete, add child, etc.), though :)
  16. The Dark Wizard

Hmm....That makes sense if you are linking to the exact spot in the ACP, but I ment more along the lines of an interface on the front that can be used seperately from the ACP. Kind of how like Chris Deeming's notification addon has a front in notification center so non admins can be given the ability to create notifications.

If I have your permission, do you mind if I show this conversation to Chris? I want to get his take on it, maybe he can help :).
    Sylar likes this.
  17. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

Absolutely! If he would be willing to help out we could probably get something functional
  18. The Dark Wizard

Invited you to the addon, go ahead and reply there :)!
    Sylar likes this.
  19. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. It is very nice, clean and simple. I must say, it makes it much quicker to manage forums. (y)
    Sylar likes this.
  20. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Nice addon, Sylar (y)
    Sylar likes this.