• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Dark & Red

D.O.A.

[no longer supported or maintained -- no time sorry]

edit: version 2, no template or css edits besides EXTRA.CSS

Something I've started for our forum, we're leaving vbulletin behind. Changed some CSS, removed the gradients and a few things here and there. For fans of dark stuff, enjoy. :D

This how it looks "done up". This particular website is a shock site, so never visit. I warned you.

Capture.webp
Goregrish-Forums.webp
gfgh.webp
Capture2.webp

if you want a background image put the image in the general>HTML style section background image spot example; @imagePath/D&R/images/red_body.jpg

If you want images in the sidebar boxes like the screenshot then open extra.css, look for this style code block and edit as shown... substitute with your own images

HTML:
.visitorPanel {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; padding-bottom:10px; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
.infoBlock {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
.statsList {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important;  border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
.userList {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
.avatarHeap {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
.staffOnline {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}

Attachments

Code:
<script src="'http://goregrish.com/mint/?js" type="text/javascript"></script>

What's that for? (It's in the style; I noticed because NoScript alerted me).

Edit: in fact, this whole section doesn't look like it should be there:

Code:
<script src="http://goregrish.com/mint/?js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', '****************']);
  _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
  })();

</script>

(in the footer template).

What's that for? (It's in the style; I noticed because NoScript alerted me).
Edit: in fact, this whole section doesn't look like it should be there:
(in the footer template).

mint tracking and google analytics I was testing. Totally forgot to remove it from the theme footer :oops: I will remove and update theme.

Something I've started for our forum, we're leaving vbulletin behind. Changed some CSS, removed the gradients and a few things here and there. For fans of dark stuff, enjoy. :D

Excellent Wordpress integration on your site.
Could you release the relevant Wordpress files and code for those people who wanted to use your Dark & Red theme with Wordpress ?
I think that might work for me but I'd have to tweak the colors.
I like the default Xenforo style. I'd like to find a Wordpress theme to match.

DOA, does this idea/concept make sense to you ?

Tigratrus said:
Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)

Excellent Wordpress integration on your site.
Could you release the relevant Wordpress files and code for those people who wanted to use your Dark & Red theme with Wordpress ?
I think that might work for me but I'd have to tweak the colors.
I like the default Xenforo style. I'd like to find a Wordpress theme to match.

DOA, does this idea/concept make sense to you ?

Tigratrus said:
Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)

Yeah I coded my site from scratch using a theme I designed for another site that kinda fell through, the width was roughly what I wanted and I went from there... the theme is just for our site (at the moment) so I'd have to clean it up and make it something people could easily use, at the moment it's a mix of wp loop experiments and not so good in IE cause I suck at getting my CSS working in that thing. Also my theme uses an image for the header/navigation tabs at the moment rather then the xenforo css cause IE fails at rounded corners and I'm cheap and nasty. I don't use any xenforo css actually, I just coded it all to suit the forum theme look.

Sounds like Tigratrus is talking about cloning/ripping the forum theme into wordpress and replacing the functions, maybe redoing a few div's to allow for a page look or just use the css for the pages shown in xenforo.

initially this appeared to be exactly what i was after: a dark recolor of the default templates (something kier should include with xenforo imo).
but after installing it appears that changes made to the style using the style editor had very little actual effect on the style.

initially this appeared to be exactly what i was after: a dark recolor of the default templates (something kier should include with xenforo imo).
but after installing it appears that changes made to the style using the style editor had very little actual effect on the style.

That's because I modify the CSS, the style control is not for me. Try making a decent dark theme using just the style controls and you'll understand my point.

believe me, i have tried!
thats why i downloaded yours :)

made a bit of headway, but all the shadows and gradients and whatnot are a real pain.
That's because I modify the CSS, the style control is not for me. Try making a decent dark theme using just the style controls and you'll understand my point.

Top Bottom