• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Dark & Red

haha, the hardcoded gradients are a pain in the ass. seriously.
I'll update and release this for beta 5 tomorrow too :)
The navbar will be stuffed on this old uploaded version and the hooks are missing

I love this style for my migration of MysteryDistrict.com :D

I have to wait until I get a few more features available as mods or add-ons before making the move though :)

Is this a worker for beta 6?
wink.png

Yes, it works for BETA 6. I use this for my forum although I had to do some minor tweaks for colour but that is about it.

What I'm trying to do is... put all the edits in extra.css and use the style colour thing in admin (forgot it's name already) so when you upgrade xenforo the theme wont need template reverts & editing, as is the case so far. I'm about 1/3rd of the way there so the next version/upload should be a lot better.

You mean I spent hours reverting the template for nothing!?!?
Naw, I'm just playing, this looks awesome! I love your work lol

Style looks awesome from what I see in the picture... However, I downloaded v2 and tried to import but nothing happened after clicking import

I would have included the images, but they are custom designs for the site run, and they help keep it looking apart from the copy I'm happily sharing here.

In no way did I imply you can simply download them from my site and repack and post them here. If I wanted to share an exact clone of my personal site I would have. Well, I don't. What I upload is what you get from here. Copy my theme images in your own time, out of sight out of mind. Or open photoshop/gimp/mspaint, make some that suit your own forum content, mine are obviously dark/death orientated with skulls and sh*t, to suit my sites bizarre inhabitants and topics... it's not exactly a massive colour range you'll need for those sidebar backgrounds and grunge brushes are free.
Any shade of deep red/black or dark grey = looks good.

black

if you want a background image put the image in the general>HTML style section background image spot example;@imagePath/D&R/images/red_body.jpg
EXAMPLE
Also..
Also, adding this to the EXTRA.css file, will give you the desired background to complete the look (so you don't have to dig through the xenforo.css and edit that file after each upgrade).
xenforo.css does not need editing. Read the first post properly, or the first quoted text in this post. You know, the example images part.

DOA, did you make your images yourself? If so, can you help in creating some (with a donation for your time, of course)? If not, can you refer me to the person/company that helped you?

I like the style of image you're using and I'd like to have some set up that are similar for one of my vBulletin sites once the last few add-ons that I need are ready to go.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I added those additions to the extra.css and all the background images are in the right place but I can't seem to get the gray image to show in the sidebar areas it is supposed to be in

DOA, did you make your images yourself? If so, can you help in creating some (with a donation for your time, of course)? If not, can you refer me to the person/company that helped you?

I like the style of image you're using and I'd like to have some set up that are similar for one of my vBulletin sites once the last few add-ons that I need are ready to go.

I'll knock something up for it and upload the images in the first post when done :)

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I added those additions to the extra.css and all the background images are in the right place but I can't seem to get the gray image to show in the sidebar areas it is supposed to be in

is the filename correct/location etc? apart from that I can't see a reason... unless you use a older version then the current release candidate. I've noticed a few errors running older beta versions of xenforo with the updated theme.

Hmm.. I have the style on the forum and when creating a new post, editing, replying, etc the default color for typing is white, which makes what you're typing invisible.. Looking at the forum that the creator used an example it works fine, but not with mine.. I've tried completely uninstalling and deleting the style then re-uploading it and still no go.

Edit:
Got it working, had to find the template for the message layout and get the color switched there. Weird, oh well it works now!

Top Bottom