1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Dark & Red

Discussion in 'Styles [Archive]' started by D.O.A., Oct 11, 2010.

1. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

[no longer supported or maintained -- no time sorry]

edit: version 2, no template or css edits besides EXTRA.CSS

This how it looks "done up". This particular website is a shock site, so never visit. I warned you.

if you want a background image put the image in the general>HTML style section background image spot example; @imagePath/D&R/images/red_body.jpg

If you want images in the sidebar boxes like the screenshot then open extra.css, look for this style code block and edit as shown... substitute with your own images

.visitorPanel {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; padding-bottom:10px; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
    .infoBlock {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
    .statsList {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important;  border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
    .userList {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
    .avatarHeap {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}
    .staffOnline {background-image: url(@imagePath/D&R/images/image.jpg) !important; border: 1px solid #1C0203;}

Attached Files:

pisty6666, leftie, alex-sky and 17 others like this.
  2. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Looks very nice for a dark theme, downloaded. Thank D.O.A.
  3. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

Your forum content scares me, your style does not. Thanks!!
    Sumo, D.O.A. and Ranger375 like this.
  4. Trip

Trip Active Member

Great work. The icon in the search bar was a nice touch.
  5. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

Very nice and functional! Now I just need to find some good icons to go on it.
    Btw, your forum looks fun ;)
    ferdon and D.O.A. like this.
  6. stijl

stijl Member

Oh this is great.
    And with winter almost upon us :)
  7. whitetrash

whitetrash Active Member

well done.
  8. Tim

Tim Active Member

Very nice and to echo Trip, I like the search bar icon.
  9. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

how would this look like with white and red ?
  10. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I'm not a lover of dark styles, but this one is very nice! good job.
  11. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Very sharp style. Will install for those that love the dark ones.
  12. wwwicked

wwwicked Active Member

<script src="'http://goregrish.com/mint/?js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    What's that for? (It's in the style; I noticed because NoScript alerted me).

Edit: in fact, this whole section doesn't look like it should be there:

<script src="http://goregrish.com/mint/?js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
      var _gaq = _gaq || [];
      _gaq.push(['_setAccount', '****************']);
      (function() {
        var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
        ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
        var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
    (in the footer template).
    D.O.A. likes this.
  13. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

mint tracking and google analytics I was testing. Totally forgot to remove it from the theme footer :oops: I will remove and update theme.
  14. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

theme updated, junk removed.
  15. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Klingons :)
    BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Excellent Wordpress integration on your site.
    Could you release the relevant Wordpress files and code for those people who wanted to use your Dark & Red theme with Wordpress ?
    I think that might work for me but I'd have to tweak the colors.
    I like the default Xenforo style. I'd like to find a Wordpress theme to match.

DOA, does this idea/concept make sense to you ?

Tigratrus said:
    Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)
  17. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

Yeah I coded my site from scratch using a theme I designed for another site that kinda fell through, the width was roughly what I wanted and I went from there... the theme is just for our site (at the moment) so I'd have to clean it up and make it something people could easily use, at the moment it's a mix of wp loop experiments and not so good in IE cause I suck at getting my CSS working in that thing. Also my theme uses an image for the header/navigation tabs at the moment rather then the xenforo css cause IE fails at rounded corners and I'm cheap and nasty. I don't use any xenforo css actually, I just coded it all to suit the forum theme look.

Sounds like Tigratrus is talking about cloning/ripping the forum theme into wordpress and replacing the functions, maybe redoing a few div's to allow for a page look or just use the css for the pages shown in xenforo.
  18. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

initially this appeared to be exactly what i was after: a dark recolor of the default templates (something kier should include with xenforo imo).
    but after installing it appears that changes made to the style using the style editor had very little actual effect on the style.
  19. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

That's because I modify the CSS, the style control is not for me. Try making a decent dark theme using just the style controls and you'll understand my point.
  20. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

believe me, i have tried!
    thats why i downloaded yours :)

made a bit of headway, but all the shadows and gradients and whatnot are a real pain.
    D.O.A. likes this.