1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn you XenForo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moses, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

I've been spending more time on this site than my own, and truth be told when I return to my vb 4 installation it saddens me. The clumsy admin tools, the theme that was an absolute ***** to customise that needs re-doing after every update, AND still doens't look right in IE6.
    This software is just too good, and I can't have it yet! So damn you!
    OperaManiac, erich37, CyberAP and 9 others like this.
  2. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I feel the same way... I have to actually ban myself from coming here while I am meant to be working... as I can't stop clicking that damn "What's New" button... lol
    kyrgyz and anotheralias like this.
  3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

You could always ask Peggy or Lawrence to ban you! :p
    anotheralias likes this.
  4. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

interesting suggestion ... but as an addict he can go @xenaddicts.com and ask Cezzy some pills ... :D
    anotheralias likes this.
  5. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

No I still like to sneak in on my breaks etc :) or when I have that 10min of free time
  6. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I have to admit I have spent more time here than anywhere else since I "met" xenforo.... so seductive!
    anotheralias likes this.
  7. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

I have an idea :D ... make a plug-in button for "Ban me self for 24 hours [Enter]" :D:D:D
    Jeffin and anotheralias like this.
  8. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Same here. Even if I didn't love the software, I'd have to buy it just so I'd have a legitimate reason to hang around.

(And yes, I "liked" every post in this thread. Probably falls into that "potential-abuse" category, but... what the hell. I like what I like.)
    Dragonfly likes this.
  9. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

LOL yeah, we will look kind of lame if we don't buy licenses now :p
  10. anotheralias

Seriously - what a great marketing tool, have an irresistable forum and people have to buy the software to post on it. :D
  11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

LOL yeah, they are ebil marketing geniuses, roped us all in with this cool forum software pre-release... oh wait.. that is just good marketing - damn it.. must be the water in the cooler then... it contains crack!!!

Don't drink the water...
  12. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Seriously I forgot to to cook a lunch that was planned for a week because of xF ... someones spiking the punch here or lacing the "L", either way I feel a quasi-inebriation upon entering this domain. We should have a xF support group to help our fellow xF addicts cope when they have to leave and go back to their sites.:p
    Dragonfly likes this.
  13. anotheralias

And amazingly, none of the stuff people are always touting as "absolutely necessary" is on here to "grab our attention" like articles, a blog, a gallery, and so on. It's just people talking. (And talking and talking and talking...)
  14. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

and ya know what..that is what forums are all about.. forget all the other BS.. when I first got into forums 11 years ago, I was seriously blown away that someone in the USA could help with a tech issue.. or someone in Germany, or Sweden.. and then I discovered that you could actually just talk and have huge fun with those people.

I think as Admins we forget, that really it's all about connecting with other people :)

I wish I could give you 20 likes for that comment :D
    Dream, EQnoble, Peggy and 1 other person like this.
  15. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

haha.. so true.. i have been sneaking in every 15 mins to see the latest discussions.. even though i am in office...!!

I am addicted too... but am not sold yet Kier.. not if it cost a bomb.:D
  16. anotheralias

Ditto! That is so true. And I have been on some "big" forums in the last few months that brag about their members and their rankings and whatnot but nobody's posting much. I have no idea how that's possible with so many members - or what they are doing instead. Reading the articles and posting photos, I guess. But it was a disappointment.

(Damn! I should have been out of here half an hour ago. Later!)
  17. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Exactly....all the threads about what you JUST have to have to make a successful forum and here we sit on a forum with NONE of those things, LOL YET!!

Peggy likes this.
  18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Y'all are funny. But it's so true!
  19. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

The last thing I looked at before I turned my Mac off and went to sleep is the same thing I looked at when I woke up and turned my Mac on.

Peggy likes this.
  20. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

XF is the crack cocaine of forums. :)
    Alfa1, KURTZ and Peggy like this.