• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Damn you XenForo

Moses

I've been spending more time on this site than my own, and truth be told when I return to my vb 4 installation it saddens me. The clumsy admin tools, the theme that was an absolute ***** to customise that needs re-doing after every update, AND still doens't look right in IE6.
This software is just too good, and I can't have it yet! So damn you!

anotheralias

Same here. Even if I didn't love the software, I'd have to buy it just so I'd have a legitimate reason to hang around.

(And yes, I "liked" every post in this thread. Probably falls into that "potential-abuse" category, but... what the hell. I like what I like.)

Kim

Seriously - what a great marketing tool, have an irresistable forum and people have to buy the software to post on it. :D

LOL yeah, they are ebil marketing geniuses, roped us all in with this cool forum software pre-release... oh wait.. that is just good marketing - damn it.. must be the water in the cooler then... it contains crack!!!

Don't drink the water...

EQnoble

Seriously I forgot to to cook a lunch that was planned for a week because of xF ... someones spiking the punch here or lacing the "L", either way I feel a quasi-inebriation upon entering this domain. We should have a xF support group to help our fellow xF addicts cope when they have to leave and go back to their sites.:p

Kim

And amazingly, none of the stuff people are always touting as "absolutely necessary" is on here to "grab our attention" like articles, a blog, a gallery, and so on. It's just people talking. (And talking and talking and talking...)

and ya know what..that is what forums are all about.. forget all the other BS.. when I first got into forums 11 years ago, I was seriously blown away that someone in the USA could help with a tech issue.. or someone in Germany, or Sweden.. and then I discovered that you could actually just talk and have huge fun with those people.

I think as Admins we forget, that really it's all about connecting with other people :)

I wish I could give you 20 likes for that comment :D

3rd AnGle

haha.. so true.. i have been sneaking in every 15 mins to see the latest discussions.. even though i am in office...!!

I am addicted too... but am not sold yet Kier.. not if it cost a bomb.:D

anotheralias

I think as Admins we forget, that really it's all about connecting with other people :)

I wish I could give you 20 likes for that comment :D
Ditto! That is so true. And I have been on some "big" forums in the last few months that brag about their members and their rankings and whatnot but nobody's posting much. I have no idea how that's possible with so many members - or what they are doing instead. Reading the articles and posting photos, I guess. But it was a disappointment.

(Damn! I should have been out of here half an hour ago. Later!)

Elizabeth

And amazingly, none of the stuff people are always touting as "absolutely necessary" is on here to "grab our attention" like articles, a blog, a gallery, and so on. It's just people talking. (And talking and talking and talking...)
Exactly....all the threads about what you JUST have to have to make a successful forum and here we sit on a forum with NONE of those things, LOL YET!!

Liz 

Darfuria

The last thing I looked at before I turned my Mac off and went to sleep is the same thing I looked at when I woke up and turned my Mac on.

Yeah.

I've been spending more time on this site than my own, and truth be told when I return to my vb 4 installation it saddens me. The clumsy admin tools, the theme that was an absolute ***** to customise that needs re-doing after every update, AND still doens't look right in IE6.
This software is just too good, and I can't have it yet! So damn you!
XF is the crack cocaine of forums. :)