Damn you XenForo

yep mate, i've already read it ... :p so that's why i've asked you ...

To say it simple, I'm going to try to make XenLanguages.com the home of all the XenForo Languages :)

I'll also add demo's of the languages to the site, so my site will be Italian if someone translates it ;)

I'll buy a Forum License for that site and use it for everything related to Languages & XenForo (XenForo Enterprice Translator, XenForo Languages, and you can come with idea's if you want :))
If you're interested in joining me in the project, say so ;)

To say it simple, I'm going to try to make XenLanguages.com the home of all the XenForo Languages :)

I'll also add demo's of the languages to the site, so my site will be Italian if someone translates it ;)

I'll buy a Forum License for that site and use it for everything related to Languages & XenForo (XenForo Enterprice Translator, XenForo Languages, and you can come with idea's if you want :))
just bookmarked your site ... :)

We think alike. If someone took the time to ask a question, and you know the answer, answer it.

I absolutely agree, this makes or breaks a customer forum. Most of the time it takes just as long to answer the question as it does to tell people to search for it. Especially if it's asked a lot and you can copy/paste most of it.

A few years ago I was free-trialing a piece of game-making software that was promoted as being 'easier than learning Flash,' and I asked their Help forum how to make a passworded frame. The lone helpful answer: "the same way you do it in Flash." I said if I knew how to use Flash, I wouldn't be here trying out the 'easier than Flash' software. And someone actually responded like this: "You don't know how to make a password in Flash? That's so easy a child could do it!" Soooo, I decided that maybe I should give Flash another try.

All they had to do to make the sale was copy/paste the actionscript for a password. I still marvel at their stupidity.

something like vbet without the sneaky part I have heard about is worth good money I think :)

vbet is a great product ... maybe we can do something together for it (if Vince need italian translators) ... however just stay tuned ... let's see what K&M give us.

I agree with almost all the posts here. I've never been one to tell someone to search it, or ask on another site, etc. Even when someone would ask how to do something in particular at vb.com and they were directed to vb.org for the answer, if I knew it, I'd tell them anyway. Got in trouble for it too, but eh, that's just good customer service.

When trying to help someone, I have 3 rules that I, personally, try to adhere to:
  1. Remember back to when you were new to the forum scene, or to a particular forum software. Then...
  2. Give the kind of answer that you, yourself, would find helpful. Which means...
  3. Details, details, details. Vague answers are crap answers, imo. If someone needs to know how to get to find something, and I know it's in the profile, would a new member find it helpful if I gave an answer like "you'll find that in your profile"? NO! The correct answer would be to say "Go to your profile, and click on *****, then click on ****, then look in ****. Details are always helpful, and always appreciated. Of course if a question has been answered in another thread, a link is acceptable, but a link coupled with a kind remark is better.
This kind of customer service is what makes a good reputation for a site/business, and what keeps new (and potentially new) members/customers coming back. :)

I absolutely agree, this makes or breaks a customer forum. Most of the time it takes just as long to answer the question as it does to tell people to search for it. Especially if it's asked a lot and you can copy/paste most of it.

A few years ago I was free-trialing a piece of game-making software that was promoted as being 'easier than learning Flash,' and I asked their Help forum how to make a passworded frame. The lone helpful answer: "the same way you do it in Flash." I said if I knew how to use Flash, I wouldn't be here trying out the 'easier than Flash' software. And someone actually responded like this: You don't know how to make a password in Flash? That's so easy a child could do it!" Soooo, I decided that maybe I should give Flash another try.

All they had to do to make the sale was copy/paste the actionscript for a password. I still marvel at their stupidity.
All it takes is for the answer to be posted somewhere on the site, and then people can simply link to it from that point on.

I've posted numerous times with links to answer people's questions. I don't mind it at all. :) I did it a ton at vBcom, and I'm pretty sure when XF does get released and I'm fully familiar with the software I'll be doing the same here. :p

I've been spending more time on this site than my own, and truth be told when I return to my vb 4 installation it saddens me. The clumsy admin tools, the theme that was an absolute ***** to customise that needs re-doing after every update, AND still doens't look right in IE6.
This software is just too good, and I can't have it yet! So damn you!

I would be sadden to be running a rugby site about the woobles as well mate :p Good win Sat night btw, thought the Bokke had stolen that game.

I could help with Brazilian Portuguese if your site becomes the main site for languages, but I believe Xen has plans to do something for translations here.

I would be sadden to be running a rugby site about the woobles as well mate :p Good win Sat night btw, thought the Bokke had stolen that game.
It was never in doubt!
Saw your team in Circular Quay today, looked soft to me - they'll struggle without Dan Carter. Are you going on Saturday?

It was never in doubt!
Saw your team in Circular Quay today, looked soft to me - they'll struggle without Dan Carter. Are you going on Saturday?

Pfft .... actually the mind boggles at who will fit in the backlog, fingers crossed iDagg gets decent time to rip the Aussies apart ;)

Naw not in Sydney mate, up above Gosford, but will be ensconced with a few ales and the like for the match :)

I am an admin on a popular PC site.

I am sure the owner will be getting tired of us badgering him about XenForo! You guys are awesome, as mod team leader, you are all going to make mine and my teams job a lot easier! :D

Fantastic work. :)

Top Bottom