XF 1.1 Custom User Fields in XenForo 1.1

One of the most requested features for XenForo 1.1 has been the ability to define custom fields for your users. Here's a first look at the user field system we've built.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Correct.

You can show/hide forums depending on a user group. If you want a different front page, you will need to install one of the CMS add-ons. Not sure if any of these allow customization based on user group.
Thanks so much for the info, Waindigo!

I've created the field correctly and it shows fine under Information. But doesn't show in the side panel. Maybe you don't know which one I mean?
Nope, think I'm just being an idiot. I did this specifically for a client but forgot that it wasn't a standard feature. Sorry for confusing you.

when using e.g. 20 custom fields, would it be possible for the user to "search" for other users based on custom-fields ?

Let's say e.g. custom-field: "Hair color"

Can user search for all users who have entered "Hair color: blond" ?

Or can user perform a search like e.g.:
all females and age between 45 and 50 years ?

I want to use this for a Singles-Matchmaking-website and therefore it is essential for the user to search for certain user-profile-criteria.
Being able to only search for "username" does not help.....

Thanks!

when using e.g. 20 custom fields, would it be possible for the user to "search" for other users based on custom-fields ?

Let's say e.g. custom-field: "Hair color"

Can user search for all users who have entered "Hair color: blond" ?

Or can user perform a search like e.g.:
all females and age between 45 and 50 years ?

I want to use this for a Singles-Matchmaking-website and therefore it is essential for the user to search for certain user-profile-criteria.
Being able to only search for "username" does not help.....

Thanks!

Have you found a solution yet that works?

in XenForo? No, unfortunately not.
I guess we have to wait even longer for this or move to another software......:(

I do not think this feature is "rocket science" nowadays..... given they have been flying to the moon in 1969 (well, to Hollywood at least) o_O

Why even have custom user fields if you can't do anything with them?! Seems like a BIG tease!

I am running a "private Forum", so Threads and Member-List (Recent Activity, etc.) are not visible for guests.

Ideally, I would like to have some of my "Custom-User-Profile-Fields" directly at the Registration-Form (including the Avatar-image-uploader) and have my Forum run based on "Member-Review" (so that I can verify members before I let them enter my Forum).

I want my members being required to upload their Avatar-image, and also enter a few of their Profile-Details (via Custom-Fields) before I let them enter my Forum (Singles-Matchmaking).

Another advantage would be the ability to charge ($$$) members upfront during the Registration-process.

I made a custom user field to show everyone's Minecraft username. I have the "Viewable in message user info" and "Show custom user fields" boxes selected however it doesn't show up on messages. Is it possible that the style I'm using removed the template code for it to display? Any help would be appreicated, thanks! :)

Edit: Found another style with the code for it and then added it in the one I use, now it works! :D
HTML:
            <xen:if is="@messageShowCustomFields AND {$user.customFields}">
            <xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">

<xen:foreach loop="$userFieldsInfo" key="$fieldId" value="$fieldInfo">
                    <xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message}">
                        <xen:if hascontent="true">
                            <dl class="pairsInline userField_{$fieldId}">
                            <div class="kdBlock">   
                                <dt>{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</dt>
                                <dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
                                </div>
                            </dl>
                        </xen:if>
                </xen:foreach>

</xen:hook>

I'm probably being dumb but I cant find this option under 'User Customisation' in the 1.2 ACP. Has it been moved or is it no longer available?

Top Bottom