Fixed Custom user field XenForo->XenForo importer error

Nicky Vermeersch

Basically I switched from Bluehost to a VPS which is a totally new envirnment. I managed to set up the environment from scratch. A brand new installation of xenforo also finished without errors.

However I tried to move all the files and the database from my old host to the new one, it 'works'. But then I kept encountering javascript errors when I clicked on people's profiles, and no avatars were working (showed a missing image icon). I decided to remove this installation completely, and start again with a brand new installation and use the Import Data Tool with the Xenforo Beta 1.2 Importer.

I imported my old database into a seperate xenforo database.
Then I try to use the tool to import this old database into the new xenforo one, to retain all old data.

Importing User Groups works fine. But when I want to import Costum User Fields, I get this error and I can't advance any further:
Code:
Server Error

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_DataWriter_UserField::setFieldChoices() must be an array, boolean given, called in /usr/share/nginx/html/library/XenForo/Model/Import.php on line 669 and defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/DataWriter/UserField.php at line 136
XenForo_DataWriter_UserField->setFieldChoices() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 669
XenForo_Model_Import->importUserField() in XenForo/Importer/XenForo.php at line 306
XenForo_Importer_XenForo->stepUserFields() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /usr/share/nginx/html/admin.php at line 13

Moved to bugs.

For reference, the problems you had initially were probably just related to files on the server and easily fixed.
Doing an import to try and resolve problems such as that really isn't recommended.

Moved to bugs.

For reference, the problems you had initially were probably just related to files on the server and easily fixed.
Doing an import to try and resolve problems such as that really isn't recommended.

The avatars weren't working, and it seems something went horribly wrong with javascript as well. I'll try again :3

Fixed the Argument 1 passed to XenForo_DataWriter_UserField::setFieldChoices() must be an array error.

Top Bottom