Custom Tabs

Custom Tabs 1.6.3

No permission to download
A phenomenal addon and many thanks @Siropu - your addons are great, which is why I've bought them. A question that I didn't yet see answered. I'm trying to add a navigation item that will return a link based upon the user's login info, e.g. view your posts or whatever feature it is that is dependent upon the dynamic visitor variable being returned. This would seem to be a plain text field to enter a URL, and it's understandable. Just hoping there might be a way to extend it that I may not be considering.

Code:
{xen:link 'variable',$visitor}"

I'm also noticing that this addon isn't showing the actual link but putting in "#CTAB-3" or the like rather than the actual links to the pages. Is this something that can be changed or avoided?

That part is appended to the actual URL but it shouldn't show up on the page as is used for regex to apply tab settings. Please send me a PM with some screenshots of the tab information and settings.

That would be awesome if you add an option to tabs, that if checked, it just be shown in mobile version.
Thanks

That part is appended to the actual URL but it shouldn't show up on the page as is used for regex to apply tab settings. Please send me a PM with some screenshots of the tab information and settings.
It's standard operating procedure. Hover over the link that is a tab and you'll see the CTAB reference. I blocked Googlebot from indexing it but I'm wondering whether it will index that URL and be seen as the URL for what could be a major part of the site and use it instead of the directory name. Your plugins are always great and this one is no exception. Just noticed this.

Someone else had this problem and it seems that the problem is with some custom themes. I will see if I can use TMS instead of regex.

Might be the theme but there is also a conflict with this great addon. If you try to add in something on a tab that already exists in the menu, the subnav will only show for the addon. For example, create a link to a subcategory of the resource manager like "themes." Normally you'll have the submenu show for add a resource, etc. But all you'll get is the name of the tab in the submenu. On my custom theme I get both, but with the name of the submenu in the addon on on top of the first entry in the subnav for the other addon like RM. So I'll either see "themes" in the subnav or the name "themes" will be laid on top of the existing subnav (add a resource) in the subnav.

This is an amazing addon. I just cannot figure out a way to hide XF nav items properly and replace them with this addon.

One other question - and will say I love your addons. (Other coders have also mentioned what a fine job you do, btw. ;) ) I'd like to add a class which would give me a popup, e.g. like for a contact form (which I think uses an OverlayTrigger). I understand this might be going beyond the scope of the addon, which probably works for 95% of the people. Thanks again.

Siropu updated Custom Tabs with a new update entry:

New Feature & Changes

New Feature
Custom CSS Class - Allows you to set a custom CSS class for tab links. This can be used to load the links using OverlayTrigger.

Changes
I have added an admin option (enabled by default) to use Template Modifications instead of regex. I hope this change will add support for all styles.

Note
If you get server error logs during the upgrade, don't worry about it, it should be ok after upgrade.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

i thinking about switching from the good old NodesAsTabs to this one - can this one all what the other can?

regards

I'm not familiar with all NodesAsTabs features. You can try this one too and see what's best for you.

@Siropu I have tried to add OverlayTrigger to the link but it doesn't seem to work I don't know why, I see only the navLink in the class attribute.

In template modifications page what do you see for custom tabs modifications log (number of applies)?
If template modifications doesn't work, go to admin options for custom tabs and disable the option.

Hmmm.... I don´t know what happen.
I change nothing, but now the Tabs
open in a new Window.

Thanks for that great Addon @Siropu ! :)

Edit: Sometimes it´s work and sometimes not... :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom