Implemented Custom profile fields

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't know if this is the proper place for this suggestion, but I would like to see the user have custom fields for their facebook, twitter, blog and website, etc. to appear with the appropriate icons next to the reply button. Also, I would like for the admin to have the option to set a "donate" button under each reply field. On my vbulletin I have buttons for "profile," "send pm," "search," and "buddy." I like that everything is all in a horizontal row, easily accessible. Being able to access all the "social networks" from the forum transforms it into a portal, a home base from which members access the "outposts" on the web, without leaving their "home."

A "fusion" of many elements into a "portal" might also give xenforo even more of a competative edge over vb.

Just an idea. I'm sure the developers have their hands full at this juncture.

Keep up the good work! :)

I would like to chime in as well supporting this idea. Within my motorcycle community I have a custom field called "I ride". It gives a place for members to input what type of motorcycle(s) they own/ride. It is an essential part of my community.

I used to use a combination of Ranks and Joinable Usergroups to add icons to the userinfo on the post, but it would be great to have a less clunky system. (I mean, you'd join a Usergroup like "Team Smokey" and this would put a little icon under your name.)

I also support custom profile fields.

If there is no time for development on this at the moment, perhaps a tutorial can be written on how to do it manually...

Definitley want custom user fields. I would want to be able to include them easily wherever I wanted using the variable, and also want to be able to set them to required or optional.

I would like to chime in as well supporting this idea. Within my motorcycle community I have a custom field called "I ride". It gives a place for members to input what type of motorcycle(s) they own/ride. It is an essential part of my community.

I have the same thing on my Motorcycle site, but I list it as "My Bike(s)". It's a great tool when it comes to troubleshooting and a member hasn't listed the model they ride.

I thought xf had custom fields till I installed it and checked the admincp. my forum mods rely on it heavily to make accept or rejects decisions on new members. I support custom fields for xf. :)

So is the official word from the dev team that custom fields will not be implemented in the near future for XenForo?

At least write us a tutorial on how to do them manually. This is a must have for all of my sites, above all else.(except the forum itself)

They are very important to my site as well. Not only knowing a persons sex, we had custom fields in vB that had stuff like marital status, as well as others. I agree that not having customizable fields makes the social aspect of the site incomplete

Custom profile fields are very important to my community. As a matter of fact, one of them serves the duel purpose of fining out someone's favorite game in a particular series and serving as a nice check against spam.

As mentioned a few times, lacking custom fields takes away a lot of the individual nature of a community, and it puts a damper on the social experience. We really shouldn't be limited to the default fields.

Oh HORRORS you mean you can't add extra Profile fields?
I thought it was just that they didn't import from another system.

Omigawd.

URGENT mod needed.

Top Bottom