Implemented Custom profile fields

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's been almost a year since this feature was requested. I hope this isn't a taste of things to come. I'm just about giving up on xF.
It was requested before the beta and well before the official release. Just because a wanted feature isn't available when you want it to be doesn't mean they're dragging their feet. They prioritized features and this is how it is.

It was requested before the beta and well before the official release. Just because a wanted feature isn't available when you want it to be doesn't mean they're dragging their feet. They prioritized features and this is how it is.
But complaining is a god given right!

...Especially when things have already been announced to be included into the core :rolleyes:.

But complaining is a god given right!

...Especially when things have already been announced to be included into the core :rolleyes:.
Never said he couldn't complain. Are you saying custom profile fields were announced to be in 1.0? If so, where? Please provide a link to what you're referring to.

Never said he couldn't complain. Are you saying custom profile fields were announced to be in 1.0? If so, where? Please provide a link to what you're referring to.
Actually it was more sarcastic, that it was already announced, but people still need a reason to complain about it.

Its also being added with the release of 1.1:

XenForo 1.1

This will be the first release of major new features since XenForo 1.0. There are lots of things going in, some of which we have hinted at in posts around the forum. There are also a few things that we had originally slated for 1.1 that will now be pushed back to a later release in favour of getting 1.1 out sooner with an array of completed features.

Here are a few features that will be in XenForo 1.1:
Right-to-left layout mode for Arabic (etc.) language support
Thread prefixes, definable at a per-forum and a per-user group basis
Warnings for trouble-making users
Ability for members to ignore other members
Custom user profile fields
Daily statistics
Admin CP search
Improved admin and moderator logging
Additional thread viewing permissions
Criteria-based user group promotions
A notice system to display messages to your users in certain circumstances
This is not an exhaustive list. We will expand the feature list over time, but some improvements may be a surprise with the release itself.

We will be detailing many of the features of XenForo 1.1 over time via the Have You Seen...? forum.

XenForo 1.1 will be released this Summer.

A case has come up on my forum requiring the use of some kind of profile field for making notes about members, which are only visible to staff (examples, premium membership details, payment details, known other accounts). I have found we already have this in vBulletin, so am just posting a suggestion, that being able to have custom profile fields which can have permission sets applied (for read, write) would be very handy, if this feature isn't already included in some other form.

On one of my forums I took the occupation field and made the field disabled (using basic HTML) to the end user, however we could change it in the back side. This worked out rather well too.

If I wanted "this is how it is," then I would've gone with vB. ;)

If I wanted "this is how it is," then I would've gone with vB. ;)
It was never 'this is how it is', it was 'this is it is now, though it will change later on'.

Already XenForo is including major features that many people have been requesting, only a year (or sooner) after the initial beta release. The official release has only been out roughly 5 months.

It was never 'this is how it is', it was 'this is it is now, though it will change later on'.

Already XenForo is including major features that many people have been requesting, only a year (or sooner) after the initial beta release. The official release has only been out roughly 5 months.

You're right. It's a young product. Perhaps I've been impatient because my copy of XF has been sitting on the shelves collecting dust because of the lack of this very feature.

You're right. It's a young product. Perhaps I've been impatient because my copy of XF has been sitting on the shelves collecting dust because of the lack of this very feature.
1.1 shows that they intend to introduce needed features at an acceptable rate, it just requires a little waiting.

I have no doubt within another year, XF will have the majority of features (and not the bloat) of the competition, and have better implementations of each feature.

I don't understand why you can make the custom profile fields mandatory, and not the default profile fields? This can't be as intended?

Top Bottom