XF 1.4 Custom Help Pages and New Profile Post Features

Today, we have a video showing upcoming improvements to the XenForo help system, and a new way to surface profile posts.

View on Vimeo

My apologies for the sound quality, I'm hoping that some new audio gear will be arriving before I record the next one of these.

Just a reminder: Please do not post suggestions in this thread (even if you feel they are related). Use the dedicated suggestion forum so they can be tracked; suggestions made in this thread are unlikely to be implemented.

I should mention that there was serious debate in the staff room as to whether I should state that having custom help pages is pretty much the same as having a CMS...
So good to hear your voice again Kier! Keep the updates coming! Loving XenForo!

a question please, regarding the "New Profile Posts" showing in the Sidebar:

can this be controlled via "User Group Permissions", so that only "Registered Users" can see this, but "guests" (not registered users) are not able to view "New Profile Posts" in the Sidebar ?

:barefoot:

a question please, regarding the "New Profile Posts" showing in the Sidebar:

can this be controlled via "User Group Permissions", so that only "Registered Users" can see this, but "guests" (not registered users) are not able to view "New Profile Posts" in the Sidebar ?

:barefoot:
I would assume the view profile posts permission would extend to these parts as well.

Ah, will remove few of my addons. :)
Me too. I was using Jaxel's Sitemaps, and the fact that it's included in the core...? I'll remove it before upgrading. :D

EDIT: Just saw that it shows profile posts on the side column. Niiiice. :D

I like the new profile posts page; I can now track down spammers who post on profile pages. :D

EDIT: Just read @Jeremy's post. :eek: Awee! Another way to deter spammers!

Last edited:
This feature has nothing to do with the notice.
Not directly; but it seems like you guys are trying to have some substitute to it. By default, your xenForo installation comes with the cookie notice. So, my guess is these help enhancements either replaces the need for the notice, or extends it.

I feel like I can disable the notice and use the new help pages, instead. It's really a compliment.

Not directly; but it seems like you guys are trying to have some substitute to it. By default, your xenForo installation comes with the cookie notice. So, my guess is these help enhancements either replaces the need for the notice, or extends it.

No not really, the help page and notice have been there quite a while. If they get brought into the CHP system, that's just a fortunate side effect to make it easier to edit, I doubt it was in any way a factor in the development of the CHP.

hmmm...

at minute 6:01 Kier is writing the Profile-post: "Wow, this is great!"

But at the Profile-Page of Darth it only shows the text "Wow!".

Am I missing something ?

:cautious:

:censored:

It's quite clear what you're saying. This feature is not designed to substitute the default cookie help page or notice.

Top Bottom