1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Custom Field- Can I Force Users to Fill it Out

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Grizzly Adam, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam Active Member

I just added a custom field for Country so I can target my holiday banners to the countries that celebrate them. New users are required to select their country, but is there a way to make all my other members fill this out?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, there is no way to force that.
  3. Grizzly Adam

Anyway I can change all my users to have a specific option of a custom field, like a batch update? I am thinking change everyone to "None Selected" and then display a notice to everyone with "None Selected" selected to tell them to select their country to get rid of the notice.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There is no way to bulk set a custom field value.
  5. Grizzly Adam

I ended up bulk adding everyone into a secondary group (No country for old men) and the removed everyone we've banned. Put up a notice for everyone in that group to set their country and have since been checking periodically and batch removing anyone who has set their country from the secondary group. Its a pain, but best option I could think of.