XF 1.2 Custom CSS class name for banners

Ranger375

I don't really know CSS. Can anyone give me template of sorts that I can paste into my extra.css and swap the colors out accordingly for the usergroup banners?

I am just trying to change the banner color, instead of using the few colors provided. I have screen shots above of what it is looking like for me, since I am just using the standard choices at the moment. I could PC you the link if it it is still necessary though.

One thing about this i'm trying to understand is Mike said we can have that banners to user titles (trophy based) and i was searching only the user groups do have such function. What am i missing?

One thing about this i'm trying to understand is Mike said we can have that banners to user titles (trophy based) and i was searching only the user groups do have such function. What am i missing?
I don't think I ever said that...

That was my point for this thread. I have no idea how to make it look like the ribbons that are stock.

Apply the "userBanner" class and your custom class.

What have you entered as the class name(s) and what CSS are you applying?

I experimented after reading this thread and basically decided just to do a basic colour change. Used the class "adminribbon". I can make it work without using "userBanner", but it's not a standard process for people who just want a different colour from the options available. To actually come close to reproducing the default I had to add:-

Code:
.adminribbon  {
    color: white;
    background-color: red;
    border-color: rgb(129, 169, 225);
}

.adminribbon.wrapped {
    border-top-right-radius: 0px;
    border-top-left-radius: 0px;
    position: relative;
}

.messageUserBlock .adminribbon {
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    margin-left: -12px;
    margin-right: -12px;
}
.adminribbon.wrapped span {
    position: absolute;
    top: -4px;
    width: 5px;
    height: 4px;
}
.adminribbon.wrapped span.before {
    border-top-left-radius: 3px;
    left: -1px;
}
.adminribbon.wrapped span {
    background-color: rgb(129, 169, 225);
}
.adminribbon.wrapped span.after {
    border-top-right-radius: 3px;
    right: -1px;
}

Which, for me is not a big deal, but for a standard user is going to be a struggle when all they want is a colourchange :)

to get the wrapped to show i had to do the following.

Code:
.userBanner.my-style { color: red; background-color: yellow;}
.userBanner.my-style.wrapped span { background: #7f6300;}

Last edited:
All of that shouldn't be required, it should work as the prefix custom classes do whereby you only need to add the prefix class along with your custom class, e.g. prefix my-prefix

I've mentioned it to Mike.

All of that shouldn't be required, it should work as the prefix custom classes do whereby you only need to add the prefix class along with your custom class, e.g. prefix my-prefix

I've mentioned it to Mike.

Yep, which, if memory serves, is how it works with Prefixes. :)

I don't think I ever said that...
"You'll also note that you have the option to override standard user titles with banners.", if that isn't referring to Trophy User Titles, i'm confuse.

Edit: Oh, that replace trophy titles with group banners if there is one, my hopes got flushed away, i must create group promotions based in trophy points again. :(

Last edited:
I've made a change for beta 2 so that you don't have to explicitly specify the wrapped "wings" color. It will simply inherit the background color. However, this isn't exactly how the default ones all appear though it's close.

Just to paste an example here:
Code:
.userBanner.bannerGray       { color: black; background-color: gray; border-color: #AAA; }
.userBanner.bannerGray.wrapped span { background-color: #AAA; }
Note that the background colors are different, so if you want exactly this behavior, you will need to specify both the banner and the wrapped span.

However, as of beta 2...
Rich (BB code):
.userBanner.bannerGreen      { color: white; background-color: green; border-color: green; }
.userBanner.bannerGreen.wrapped span { background-color: green; }
The second line there is superfluous because the wings have the same background color as the banner itself.

Top Bottom