Resource icon

Custom BB Code Manager v1.3.4

No permission to download
Is there a way to make it so that the thread hover shows the bbcode parsed?\

Nvm looks like there was a compromise for this which is to just hide the tags.

Guessing making it actually show the parsed version would take alot of work?

Is there a way to make it so that the thread hover shows the bbcode parsed?
I didn't test and I don't think I will: the text inside the fast preview window seems to be trimmed, so if the html code is longer than the maximum text length, I suppose it will give something quite horrible.

Cédric, you might know : when I create a bbcode, for example, [h2] with replacements like <h2>... </h2> ; it creates an extra <br> ; so you have :

<h2>title</h2>
<br>

Is there a clean solution to remove this extra <br> ? I know you can do tricks with some CSS, like forcing -margin or using float:left ; but I don't like much.
It would seems it appears only for block element.

Any ideas ?

Cédric, you might know : when I create a bbcode, for example, [h2] with replacements like <h2>... </h2> ; it creates an extra <br> ; so you have :

<h2>title</h2>
<br>

Is there a clean solution to remove this extra <br> ? I know you can do tricks with some CSS, like forcing -margin or using float:left ; but I don't like much.
It would seems it appears only for block element.

Any ideas ?
  1. Change the begin replacement with <h2 style="margin:0">
  2. Go to "Parser configuration" and set "Trim Leading Lines" to 1
It should work

Hi

I am new to Xenforo, but think I have installed this correctly..

However, it is not showing up anywhere in ACP... Where exactly is it supposed to be?!

I assume the installation of this will add an entry to the BBCode & Smilies list, linking to this new BBCode Manager?

Nothing has appeared on that list for me...

EDIT... This is the problem I am having. The person who posted this says they fixed it by changing admin permissions in config, but didn't go into any details...

but from where i can manage the custom BBcode Manager.. I did not find the location where asked...

plz help

I just upgraded from 1.3.6.6 to 1.3.7.1 and almost every bbcode broke. Sometimes the first bbcode on a page would be generated correctly but all following bbcodes would not be displayed - not even as plain text. I reverted the add-on by overwriting the 1.3.7.1 files with the 1.3.6.6 files. As a side note, from your suggestion, I removed the line <xen:include template="help_custom_bbcodes" /> from help_bb_codes to remove the duplicate entries from the Help -> BB Code page. Thank you for that.

I just upgraded from 1.3.6.6 to 1.3.7.1 and almost every bbcode broke. Sometimes the first bbcode on a page would be generated correctly but all following bbcodes would not be displayed - not even as plain text. I reverted the add-on by overwriting the 1.3.7.1 files with the 1.3.6.6 files. As a side note, from your suggestion, I removed the line <xen:include template="help_custom_bbcodes" /> from help_bb_codes to remove the duplicate entries from the Help -> BB Code page. Thank you for that.
Which kind of Bb Codes? With php callbacks? Any errors in log?

I'll go over the Help -> BB Codes page. The first one that breaks is SIZE=7 so the Output looks like This is small and text. The word big is missing. Go to example.com and Email me are not displaying but the URL bbcode without link and EMAIL bbcode without address work above those. Bullet 1 and Bullet 2 are displaying correctly but Entry 1 and Entry 2 are not there. Quoted text displays correctly but A person said: Something they said is not displaying.

The only error I've been getting was Undefined index: parseOptions, library/KingK/BbCodeManager/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:140 but that was with version 1.3.6.5.

I manually upgrade add-ons so when I upgraded using the xml file I may not have set the permissions correctly for the new add-on files when I copied them to my server. I've tried re-uploading the addon-BbCodeManager.xml file with the 1.3.7.1 files copied over but the same issues persist. When I copy the 1.3.6.6 files back to the server those bbcode problems I wrote above are no longer there.

EDIT: My server is running PHP 5.2.17. I tested the 1.3.7.1 upgrade on a virtual machine that's running 5.3.3 and it worked fine. I don't know if that's the issue though.

For the Undefined index, I just see a possibility, a user loaded one of your page with Bb Codes after you uploaded the new files on the server but before the database has been updated.

For the other problems, I don't have any of them and I don't use php 5.2. If you want I can check on your server what is the problem (need a ftp access) but only in the next few days.

For the Undefined index, I just see a possibility, a user loaded one of your page with Bb Codes after you uploaded the new files on the server but before the database has been updated.
That definitely could have happened.
If you want I can check on your server what is the problem (need a ftp access) but only in the next few days.
Thank you, but I'd rather not do this. I sent you a PM about it.

I have no idea why but I get 2 spoilers when I only use 1 spoiler tag.

[ spoier ] bla bla [/ spoiler ]

It shows 2. When you click the first one you don't see the actual text but when you click the second button it's working as it should.

Suggestions?

Hey guys, new here. Can anybody please let me know where I can find the premade bbcode examples? I have stumbled upon brogan bb code but anything else? simple and advance bbcode xml files please?

I have no idea why but I get 2 spoilers when I only use 1 spoiler tag.

[ spoier ] bla bla [/ spoiler ]

It shows 2. When you click the first one you don't see the actual text but when you click the second button it's working as it should.

Suggestions?
Which Spoiler are you using? (there are serveral now). Did you use the wrapper function? (don't wrap a spoiler inside a spoiler)
Give a link please with an example of the problem.

Hey guys, new here. Can anybody please let me know where I can find the premade bbcode examples? I have stumbled upon brogan bb code but anything else? simple and advance bbcode xml files please?
In the "extras" directory of the archive too

Cedric - would there be a way to edit the IMG code, or create a new IMG code, to restrict the size of the uploaded images either by file size or by width height? Or to get them to use the settings laid out in ACP - Attachments?

Cedric - would there be a way to edit the IMG code, or create a new IMG code, to restrict the size of the uploaded images either by file size or by width height? Or to get them to use the settings laid out in ACP - Attachments?
If you want to create a new image Bb Code, just do it but with a new tag and a new button. No need to kill the XenForo Img Bb Code for that. If once you will have developed that new image Bb Code and you still want to persist to override the XenForo img Bb Code, yes it's possible. But your BB Code would have to be really really good to match the current one...

For your information, the current img bb code has a js autoresize that make the image dimensions matches the message content (when bigger) and the current img bb code has also a restriction by size 'Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions' available in the attachments options.

If you want to create a new image Bb Code, just do it but with a new tag and a new button. No need to kill the XenForo Img Bb Code for that. If once you will have developed that new image Bb Code and you still want to persist to override the XenForo img Bb Code, yes it's possible. But your BB Code would have to be really really good to match the current one...

For your information, the current img bb code has a js autoresize that make the image dimensions matches the message content (when bigger) and the current img bb code has also a restriction by size 'Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions' available in the attachments options.

Well, clearly, I'm not good at this. So that's out. The current IMG code doesn't seem to proscribe to the forum Attachment limits. I have a max widthxheight set, and it just seems to link whatever the image size is from the destination.

Top Bottom