Custom 404 Page by Siropu

Custom 404 Page by Siropu 1.1.7

No permission to download
Ah. This explains what happened with my redirects. I assumed it would just remove logs and not the redirects. But now that I look at this image, I get what happened.

I've just had a look in the database and the redirects are saved in a table - the above is just for logs by all accounts..

1599862923917.webp

Can @Siropu confirm that to be the case ?

this is sort of unrelated. i understand that this addon has a dedicated 404 template that is pretty easy to modify with content like a search box. i was wondering if it is possible to add a search box to xenforo's own 404 page. i tried adding it in the error template but it does not just cater to 404 pages and the search box ends up appearing at a lot more locations like when you click ip link on old posts.

I still can't get it to work on XF 2.2. I still get a regular native XF error page.

Is the template modification replacement supposed to look like this?

xfm.png

xfm-1.webp

Last edited:
Could there be any post-install steps I might have missed?

I even tried manual editing of the error template. Still cant get it to work.

I'm new to XF and regex.

I have recently moved from VB+VBSEO and trying to get rewrites to work without much luck.

I have this add-on installed and it's logging a lot of 404 errors, too many to manually update.

I have couple of questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

1. how do I use the regex redirects?

My old VB urls look like this
Based on the formula [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+.html showthread.php?t=$1 [NC]

I need it to translate to (this seem to get directed to the correct thread in XF)

2. is there a way to add entries into 404 log to add urls that I want to redirect on permanent basis? (before they hit the site)

Top Bottom