CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I recommend reading the resource content instructions and all of the updates.

It's all explained there.

Hello house. I need to pull traffic to my site by allowing guests to see only the featured posts thread on homepage (am using CTA Featured) but when they click to visit the page to be asked to register to view the thread. I have tried setting permissions but maybe I haven't done it well.

Here is the link to my forum timesinabroad.com

I need help to accomplish this. Thanks

Hello house. I need to pull traffic to my site by allowing guests to see only the featured posts thread on homepage (am using CTA Featured) but when they click to visit the page to be asked to register to view the thread. I have tried setting permissions but maybe I haven't done it well.

Here is the link to my forum timesinabroad.com

I need help to accomplish this. Thanks
As I said in the other thread:

Featured Threads on the portal page respect XenForo permissions, so if you want guests to see any that are posted on that, they will have to be from threads that are visible to guests. For threads which are only visible to members, only they will be able to see the featured threads on the portal page.

As Martok said, if they can't view the original thread, they won't be able to view the featured thread.

So it wouldn't be possible.

Getting a bunch of these errors lately. Maybe i should turn of auto featuring?

Code:
ErrorException: A non well formed numeric value encountered - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Helper/Image.php:179
Generated By: Test, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'A non well form...', '/home/baha/...', 179, Array)
#1 /home/baha/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Helper/Image.php(179): imagecreatetruecolor('500', '300px')
#2 /home/baha/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(469): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Helper_Image->resize('500', '300px', '85')
#3 /home/baha/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(418): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->applyFeaturedThreadImage(12, '/home/baha/...', 'jpg', 500, 706, 'featured_backgr...', 'ctaFtBackground', 'backgrounds')
#4 /home/baha/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(262): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->attachedFeaturedThreadImage(Array, 12, '/home/baha/...', 'featured_backgr...', 'ctaFtBackground', 'backgrounds')
#5 /home/baha/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(749): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->prepareAttachedImageOptions(Array, true, true, true)
#6 /home/baha/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeaturedThreadSave()
#7 /home/baha/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/baha/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(69) "http://bahaha.com/threads/soulsurvivor.12/featured-thread-save"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(18) {
["title"] => string(20) "soulsurvivor."
["message_html"] => string(149) "<p>test2:</p><p>海老名ちゃんが悪い彼氏にエロ写メ強要されてる | B-銀河 日曜東G-01a</p><p>Continue reading...</p>
"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(63) "http://bahaha.com/threads/soulsurvivor.12/feature-thread"
["feature_duration"] => string(10) "indefinite"
["feature_duration_ttl_value"] => string(1) "2"
["feature_duration_ttl_unit"] => string(5) "weeks"
["display"] => string(4) "page"
["avatar_icon"] => string(5) "right"
["attached_icon"] => string(1) "1"
["attached_background"] => string(1) "1"
["attached_slider"] => string(1) "1"
["slider"] => string(1) "1"
["dismissible"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(46) "/threads/soulsurvivor.12/feature-thread"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Delete...Cl

Hmm, not an error I've ever seen before.

It appears to be related to the image in the thread.
What is the URL to the thread as the one in the trace above returns a 404.

You have editorial control over the featured thread content - it is separate from the original post content.

Just edit the content while featuring and remove all but one image.

I've only used Xenporta before, but thinking of getting this one as Xenporta is like double the price if you'd like to remove the branding... Does this support custom blocks and a way to change/disable block positions?

There is no block management built in.

Custom content can be added to the home page in the blank templates which are available, or you can edit the template to add your own.
Some people use the widget framework add-on.

This is how it appears out of the box: http://support.cliptheapex.com/

Anything in addition to that would require the content to be added.
There are some examples in the second post here of what can be achieved: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cta-featured-threads-portal-paid.64261/#post-678212

There is no block management built in.

Custom content can be added to the home page in the blank templates which are available, or you can edit the template to add your own.
Some people use the widget framework add-on.

This is how it appears out of the box: http://support.cliptheapex.com/

Anything in addition to that would require the content to be added.
There are some examples in the second post here of what can be achieved: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cta-featured-threads-portal-paid.64261/#post-678212

Alright, cheers for the answers. It looks bloody neat if I may say so. :D I'll probably get it in a near future.

Hi @Brogan
i use Widget Framework page as Home page (photoemotion.net)
It's possibile display slider in home page using widget? ( maybe using slider template name? )
Thanks
Antonio

I just noticed that a user submitted a new thread which belongs in the Featured Threads list. As of this writing he submitted the thread less than an hour ago and it is expired already. And another thread which was submitted on Saturday is already expired.

Yes, I checked the duration for featured threads is 1 weeks.

Very strange. Any ideas?

Top Bottom