CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Do I see a FT image floated right on CTA's FT Page? :)
Is this an alpha version or have you tweaked something in the style properties?

cta.webp

Hi Brogan

You will need to change the SPs to float the blocks left, give them a % width, add some margin, clear them, etc.

There isn't a checkbox to tick which will do it all for you.

I need help, do I use css ?

What is the meaning (clear them, etc.) :cry:

Attachments

• cccc.webp
    cccc.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
Small update now that B3 has been released.

It is now possible to update your status from the home/portal page, mimicking the functionality on the forum index.

http://support.cliptheapex.com/threads/whats-new-in-2-11.15/#post-123

upload_2014-8-20_23-17-50.webp

P.S. I apologise for the length of time it is taking to get 2.11 out. I am currently redecorating the apartment so development has had to take a back seat until it's semi-liveable again...

Hey Brogan,

Loving this mod so far - going to customise it slightly before using it to it's full extent :)

Quick question -

Is there a way to only display the slider on the "Home" page (/threads/featured) (rather than wherever the forum block is)

I guess I'd have to modify the templates themselves?

Firstly,

This add-on is GREAT! If you are after a great add-on for articles/featured threads - this is it!

Quick question - I've deleted the template "Share_this_page"

But it still appears on the CTA front page sidebar?

Is there anyway to completely remove this as I have now included a direct Twitter and Facebook feed above it :)

Preferably - I'd like to replace this Share_this_page header/div with the newly created templates - in it's current position - if possible... Any ideas anyone?

This addon is awesome, @Brogan . However I'm not able to get the slider running.

I've promoted 4 threads to a slider, but its still static. What might be my mistake? Do I have to upload images for each slide or can I even slide the thread without uploading background images?

You need to upload images for each thread promoted to the slider.
Until you do, they won't show.

When you feature a thread, check the "Promote to slider" checkbox and save.
Then, wait for the second overlay to appear, click on the Slider tab and upload an image/use an attachment from the post.

If you've already featured it, update it and check the "Update image" checkbox and save.
Then, wait for the second overlay to appear, click on the Slider tab and upload an image/use an attachment from the post.

Send me a message if you would still like to purchase.
greetings,
i have posted a message on your forum, and on the conversation page that pops when i click the buy button.
i am sure you may have reasons (like the apartment - sorry to bother you though) but i am trying to purchase it.

regards,

I've finally let our staff start playing around with background images and the slider. Pretty cool stuff although it can get a little 'busy' so we'll be monitoring the content: https://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/featured

Is there any easy way to set a default opacity to the background images so that they are automatically lightened? Forgive me if this is covered elsewhere in this discussion.

Thanks again Brogan for such an exciting feature - what a way to spruce up a forum :)

Top Bottom