CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
No, there are no widgets other than the default XF sidebar blocks related to new posts and profile posts.

When using this addon as a portal, is it possible to order the elements similar to the widget framework?
Are there widgets like 'recent threads', 'taiga chat' etc.?
It is possible to use this add-on with Widget Framework if you want to. See these posts for details:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cta-featured-threads-portal-paid.64261/page-22#post-703310
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cta-featured-threads-portal-paid.64261/page-80#post-775238

Is it intended that unfeatured Threads are shown in the Featured Threads Archive?
Yes, that is the whole point of the archive, to show all current and previously featured threads.

@Brogan, I just noticed that on my site, the Archive shows a description:

upload_2017-1-18_11-2-42.webp

yet on the default theme it doesn't:

upload_2017-1-18_11-3-15.webp

Is this intended?

@Martok
Is it possible to arrange the homepage like in the picture below (I did it in photoshop)?

I just need up to three featured threads on my hompage above the recent threads widget

upload_2017-1-18_17-16-28.webp

I overwrote the english phrases and cannot restore it. So if someone could export the english phrases and could attach the xml file here (when it is allowed) , I would be glad

I don't really understand what it is you have done/are trying to do.

If you have installed a third party language which you no longer wish to use, uninstall it.

If you have edited the phrases in the default English language, you will need to revert them.
Or create a new English language and all of the phrases will be default.

The language of my Xenforo is german. After I installed CTA Featured Threads & Portal I imported a german language file.
So where the original phrase for cta_ft_feature is 'Feature' now it is 'empfohlen'.

Because the translation is very poor I would prefer to have the phrases in english again.

I think to deinstall the addon and install it again will not bring back the english phrases.

It's not really specific to this add-on but rather related to languages.

You will have to remove the language you imported, or find another one (with or without translations for this add-on), or manually edit the phrases in the language you are using.

Top Bottom