CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
If he can access the /feature-thread URL and actually feature the thread then it's not a permissions issue.

Yeah, but "Update" and "Unfeature" are 2 different permissions, so he may be able to feature the thread by using his work around, but the "Update" and "Unfeature" links will still not show - that was my thinking.

@Bugfix if you manage to get a test installation set up then I may be able to log in to see what's going on, but clearly trouble shooting on the production site isn't going to be possible.

A few people have mentioned categories previously but when I queried how it would work and asked for more details, nothing was really provided.

I don't really understand what people mean when they say they want categories.
Categories are an extra layer of abstraction. Forum titles can be long, super organized, or not quite fitting of a one to many communication model, or a blog to put it simply.

If you create a module that allows a featured thread to be filtered by a category, it will allow this add on to be used as a one to many blog as opposed to just a thread highlighter. I mean this add on is more than that of course but to be simple.

Almost all my clients require this, and so we use xenporta. But this add on is more extensible and feature rich. I use xenporta on a new project at least twice or three times a month, and I'm not satisfied. But I've had good results with your add on otherwise. I'm sure a few people would be open to funding as well.

Hi Brogan,

I've had my portal modified by Gemma and was wondering if you had any ideas why we cannot get the blocks to align with the notice/breadcrumb and whether it is a style issue or something I'm overlooking because it aligned before the modifications with the normal setup. Is there a margin or something if you have any ideas that needs removing from style properties to fix that as its being controlled with her css edits or any other suggestions?

If not I'll poke Russ when I renew my licenses on Wednesday, thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 15
It's impossible to say from a screenshot.

You would have to use the browser inspector and inspect the elements.

Will get Russ to have a poke as I'm clueless with that stuff and will need it fixed for my custom white style too, thanks.

Taking a very quick look at your site, I can see that the icon for the last featured thread in the row is breaking out of the container, when inspecting the CSS.

But the actual issue is there is 5px right padding on each featured thread block, which presumably accounts for the 5px gap on the right hand side of the last block in the row.

Also for notice just to display on portal and forum where nodes are is there a way to do it using Content Template is: or another way? Thanks!

You would have to use two Notices as it's not possible to target two different templates/pages with a single Notice.

Okay, just did not want it showing everywhere on the forum.

What is the CTA template to add to the notice? Thanks!

Just started using auto promotion and I am getting this error popping up:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: expiry - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/AutomaticFeature.php:122
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 7:10 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/aspies/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/AutomaticFeature.php(122): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/aspies/pu...', 122, Array)
#1 /home/aspies/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Deferred_AutomaticFeature->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999930858612, '')
#2 /home/aspies/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999930858612, '', false)
#3 /home/aspies/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#4 /home/aspies/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "https://www.aspiescentral.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(8) "/forums/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Which version are you running?

Try uploading the files again and then going to the options page and saving it.

Hi,
Very nice add-on, trying to keep my featured thread archives, and featured threads down to 2 pages, what is the best way to accomplish this? I have adjusted a few settings, but maybe I've done the wrong ones. Curious can you change the page tittles on the Featured Thread pages that are created?

Thanks in advance.

The archive can't be restricted as it is a history of all threads which have ever been featured.

The main featured threads page can be restricted to 2 pages using a combination of the two options "Maximum Featured Threads" and "Featured Threads Per Page".
So if you have "Maximum Featured Threads" set to 20, you would set "Featured Threads Per Page" to 10.

Curious can you change the page tittles on the Featured Thread pages that are created?
Can you clarify what you mean by titles?
If you mean the text below the breadcrumb then yes, you can edit the relevant phrases.

The archive can't be restricted as it is a history of all threads which have ever been featured.

The main featured threads page can be restricted to 2 pages using a combination of the two options "Maximum Featured Threads" and "Featured Threads Per Page".
So if you have "Maximum Featured Threads" set to 20, you would set "Featured Threads Per Page" to 10.

Can you clarify what you mean by titles?
If you mean the text below the breadcrumb then yes, you can edit the relevant phrases.

Sorry,
This is page url (threads/featured-archive) this is also in the page title. (Featured Achives My Site)
Can this be changed? Not sure if I will, but i'd like to have the option.

Thank you!

Top Bottom